When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i think i have gone mad.

rag9fx

I tend to have particular taste in watches i like them classic and timeless i will always tend to lean towards somthing more '40's and dressy / military than the modern stuff ( completely excluding 70's dive watches which i adore) but once and i while a 'modern' watch will come and just lure me in... A Phillipe Stark watch did that to me ... as well as one of the first sieko kinetics.... ( i find my self drawn to them for no real reason except that i think they are cool)... in an odd way i bought my Daytona on a similar whim...

But i am really concerned with what i am being drawn to now... and it was a Cellini ad on NYC pay phone that lured me in...

before i mention the brand/ type of watch it is i would like to say what i originially thought of them....normally i tend to be indifferent about watch design... i f i don't fancy it its ok i don't have look at it ... but with this one i plain disliked them... they looked to toyish, tacky and well just unrefined... well its just my opinon ... i never really understood why ppl liked them soo much ... why they had such a following in both gen and rep circles ... until now ... one look at the cereamic bezel and the rose gold case on this poster and i was hooked ... i felt like i needed to get one... thinking to myself...' go on diversify your collection' yes that is right i want a HBB ... but in an odd way a part of me really really doesn't ...

has this ever happened ot you before?

Up to the present, only with certain women.

Edit:

And in particular, the two I married.

Comparing watches and women is pure madness....a watch even if it turns out to be a piece of [censored] can never give you the grief a woman can...but then the pain might be lessened that way :yuk:

I guess i am in that mood today....fullmoon you know

Gran :rolleyes:

Did you try modding them?

Sounds as tho he did

made them near perfect.....

ex wives

But back on the thread subject, it happens to me all the time...that 'son of sam' voice in my head starts pestering when I am browsing watches...a certain one (or more) will trip the switch with its ascetics and I have to mentally counter it with 'do I really N E E D another 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, watches?' doesnt always work !!!

Edited by narikaa

made them near perfect.....

ex wives

:lol::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have to mentally counter it with 'do I really N E E D another 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, watches?' doesnt always work !!!

does it EVER work?!?

:lol::thumbsupsmileyanim:

does it EVER work?!?

No, at least for me, no, it never works.

Have I ever had a change of heart with regard to a certain type of watch? Sure. I told myself I would never buy a Cartier, because it was a brand for women. What do you think is now around my wrist? Cartier Santos 100 XL. Do I like it? I love it. Except it lost a screw on the deployant. Oh well, you can't win all the battles right?