When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Resizing Carrera Bracelet

giorgio

Is there a trick to this? I looked at the pins and can't figure out which way they come out. Neither end looks split, and there are no arrows like there is on most pinned bands. Any help is appreciated.

Try the search engine for this site, there are a number of posts and explanations on how to get the links out of a Carrera Bracelet.

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

Try the search engine for this site, there are a number of posts and explanations on how to get the links out of a Carrera Bracelet.

TimeShare

Then I must be blind. Of course searching for "Tag Heuer Carrera remove link size bracelet" both here and on google has been rather difficult, and there's no post here called "how to resize your carrera bracelet"

But thanks.

Here is the info from my previous post:

The Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph bracelet is identical to the OEM, and very similar to Omega pin system (if that helps at all). The links are attached by a pin that can be removed in either direction, unlike many link pins where there is an arrow on the inside of the bracelet to illustrate the direction that the pin must be removed. The Carrera pins have a small groove in the middle that fits into a sleeve that is inside of the middle link. I am surprised to hear the 2 watchmakers cannot remove the pins/links as I am certainly no watchmaker and had no problems.

There is no special Tag Heuer tool needed but you will need a watch pin remover. E-bay is a good source for these tools and it is a good investment, particularly if you plan to have many watches. The watch pin remover I use is like the one in e-bay auction 120082344138 (I am not the seller, do not know the seller I just did a quick search on e-bay for you and found the one I own). The watch pin remover you want should have as long a pin as possible so that you can push the link pin out of the link as far as possible. When you have a watch pin remover insert the pin into the hole in the side of the link and turn the dial on the watch pin remover, if you have one with a long pin you will evenualy feel/hear a snap and that means that the Carrera link pin has been pushed out of the sleeve and you can now use a plier to remove the pin the rest of the way and seperate the bracelet. If you turn the bracelet to the side a small sleeve will slide out from the middle link. Remove as many links as need and do the reverse to push the link pins back in.

If you do not want to buy the tool the other option is to try the watch on and guess how many links you need to remove and then remove the watch from the bracelet and go to a Tag Heuer delaer with just the bracelet and ask them to remove the number of links that you think you need so that the watch will fit. These is not the best method as your guess on the number of links may or may not be right and the Carrera bracelet has 1/2 and 3/4 links to help you find a near perfect fit.

Hope the above makes sense and you get the watch on your wrist.......nothing more frustrating than having a watch and not being able to size it right away and get it on yur wrist (I use to run into this problem myself which is why I bought the watch pin remover)!!

Hope this helps,

TimeShare

In search function enter just "Carrera SS Bracelet" or "How to adjust Carrera SS Bracelet"......all is answered.

TimeShare

Thanks, that helped. I was getting hundreds of results and my eyes are burning from trying to sift through all the posts thinking maybe someone asked and answered in the middle of a review or something.