When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to pop the crystal of EVO

bklm1234

I'm going for the double-AR run at RWG. Nobody could tell me exactly how to pop the crystal off an EVO. I went ahead and tried. It's pretty easy. After you have the movement out of the case,

1. Remove the 15 and 60 minute markers off the bezel. You don't have to remove more markers than 2.

IMG_2088.jpg

2. You now have enough clearance to pop the crystal. Pop the crystal with your fingers from the inside on the side of the crystal where the 2 markers were removed. I advise you to use a cloth to protect your thumbs from getting scraped.

IMG_2090.jpg

That's it. Easy huh.

-bk

@DuDro: you're so right about just trying.

Which BCE is this?... the rider tabs look genuine.. narrow and deep engraved.. would give anything for the these tabs!

this is the 3rd BCE I got from the same supplier who's in GuangZhou watch market I've been buying from. I gave one to my brother, sold one previously when I needed cash. This one is a bit different, not only the rider tabs look better, the chrono buttons are shorter (more like gen), the bracelet link segments are 5 pieces across as a unit so you don't have to put each piece in one by one. BUT, the crystal has no AR!! That's not a big problem now with this double-AR run. The stock AR isn't strong enough anyway. It's gonna be a stunning BCE.

-bk

I just noticed that the "sleeves" around the chrono buttons are beveled! Very nice!

I maybe going to GZ in the Fall when I'm in Hong Kong. I'm trying to convince my girl that we should visit GZ. I haven't told her my true intentions of visiting GZ....yet. Heh...Heh...Heh... :p

Guys WTF...is this version not from the "Ultimate" version maker??? No AR but good tabs, pushers and a different bracelet link system.....on the genuine how are the link produced: 5 piece segments connected together or the complicated version like on the Bentley reps which are hard to size???

I don't want to spoil anything but the gen doesn't have beveled sleeves... just checked the site. Also the BCE is supposed to have 5 seperate links...like a jig-saw and it makes it a hell to shorten the bracelet. This version also has the black hands instead of the ss/ chrome hands (if I'm not mistaking)....The only thing better on the rep pictured in this post are the nice rider tabs.

@CY0811

The 2nd gen BCE rep (with the AR) is still the ultimate BCE rep!

Edited by Rolexman