When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about my first rep!

DalSlacker

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question, but I have no one else to ask really :p

I bought a rep Rolex DJ and received it in the mail yesterday. After winding it and setting the time, I'm looking at it and it seems like the second hand isn't as smooth as I would've expected. It might be my own ignorance (a serious possibility :lol: ), but I can see the individual movements of the watch's second hand and it's not a smooth sweep like I would've expected. Listening with the watch next to my ear, I can't tell if it's 6 or 8 beats per second.

It's supposed to be a Swiss ETA movement, but is there any way for me to tell without having someone open it up? Is it normal to be able to see the pulses of the second hand during its "sweep"?

Cheers, Mike

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question, but I have no one else to ask really :p

I bought a rep Rolex DJ and received it in the mail yesterday. After winding it and setting the time, I'm looking at it and it seems like the second hand isn't as smooth as I would've expected. It might be my own ignorance (a serious possibility :lol: ), but I can see the individual movements of the watch's second hand and it's not a smooth sweep like I would've expected. Listening with the watch next to my ear, I can't tell if it's 6 or 8 beats per second.

It's supposed to be a Swiss ETA movement, but is there any way for me to tell without having someone open it up? Is it normal to be able to see the pulses of the second hand during its "sweep"?

Cheers, Mike

Mike,

Go to Rolex.com. Look at the watch first showing there. The second hand will be moving. Compare your rep to it. I realize it is a computer simulation of a real Rolex, but you would think Rolex would want that presentation to be truly faithful, expecially of features it believes are plus features for them.

I received a Rolex President Day-Date last week. when I compare my rep to their web site presentation - side-by-side - they sweep identically!

Or ... drop by the Rolex store (leave your rep at home or in your pocket). Look carefully at the genuine item. You will se it is not a perfectly smooth sweep; it displays 'ticks', too..

Mike,

Go to Rolex.com. Look at the watch first showing there. The second hand will be moving. Compare your rep to it. I realize it is a computer simulation of a real Rolex, but you would think Rolex would want that presentation to be truly faithful, expecially of features it believes are plus features for them.

I received a Rolex President Day-Date last week. when I compare my rep to their web site presentation - side-by-side - they sweep identically!

Or ... drop by the Rolex store (leave your rep at home or in your pocket). Look carefully at the genuine item. You will se it is not a perfectly smooth sweep; it displays 'ticks', too..

Thanks Bob

I think I may have just been insecure because it's my first rep ;)

It's a great looking watch though... next up will likely be a red/black Rolex GMT 2