When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The most basic question...

dastrix

The Zigmeister says that when the chrono is running thats when the most friction is generated. My Chrono seems to work fine, it starts and runs with the pushers.

My question is, under normal operation the seconds hand is constantly moving (naturally) is this then defined as the chrono running??? If you stop the chrono, reset and run it , has it lost seconds or is the watch still keeping time from before???

I assume if the seconds hand isnt moving the watch isnt moving and therefore not keeping time..?

Sorry for this newbie question..

The Zigmeister says that when the chrono is running thats when the most friction is generated. My Chrono seems to work fine, it starts and runs with the pushers.

My question is, under normal operation the seconds hand is constantly moving (naturally) is this then defined as the chrono running???

No, the small second hand on the subdial has nothing to do with the chrono. The chrono running means when you start the stopwatch (i.e. large second hand in the centre of the dial.

If you stop the chrono, reset and run it , has it lost seconds or is the watch still keeping time from before???

No, the watch doesn't lose time from starting and stopping the chronograph.

I assume if the seconds hand isnt moving the watch isnt moving and therefore not keeping time..?

Sorry for this newbie question..

If the second hand isn't moving, then the watch isn't keeping time, unless your confusing the second hand with the chrono second hand.

No, the small second hand on the subdial has nothing to do with the chrono. The chrono running means when you start the stopwatch (i.e. large second hand in the centre of the dial.

No, the watch doesn't lose time from starting and stopping the chronograph.

If the second hand isn't moving, then the watch isn't keeping time, unless your confusing the second hand with the chrono second hand.

Thanks giorgio. I think I have it :) I've had the chrono running for 3 days hehehe! Woops!!! anyway, I've reset it and its stopped. The SUB dial at 9'o clock is still running and keeping time :)

So the largest hand in the center dial is the chrono hand, and should only be used when your using the stop watch feature! GOT IT :)

Thanks so much

Thanks giorgio. I think I have it :) I've had the chrono running for 3 days hehehe! Woops!!! anyway, I've reset it and its stopped. The SUB dial at 9'o clock is still running and keeping time :)

So the largest hand in the center dial is the chrono hand, and should only be used when your using the stop watch feature! GOT IT :)

Thanks so much

There's no right or wrong when it comes to personal preference. Some people leave the chrono running permanently, others have it parked. Depends on what you like.

There's no right or wrong when it comes to personal preference. Some people leave the chrono running permanently, others have it parked. Depends on what you like.

Thanks. The power must be good on these to have the chrono running constantly, I wore the watch in the morning and evening for about 2hrs, minimal movement then left it over night with it running and it was fine!

I'm testing its accuracy now against a time source on the internet. I think its about 1-2minutes out after 3 days. I'll definately get it serviced by The Zigmeister when he returns.