When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 055 White Dial

Mr.RadioActive

Hello- Newbie to this forum, but not to the watch world.....thanks for having me.

I've been researching pams alot. And found I loved the Pam 055 white dial. I found one on the other forum sold by Davidson, and now resold to me. I can't come up with hardly any info on the white dial Pam 055. Like when was it sold, (Im thinking pre-2002), what was the original band (I think gator) and how much did it sell for (clueless). Does anyone have any true info on this watch??????? I know it was a gen watch, but the info on it is nearly nill.

post-8108-1188796569_thumb.jpg

Theo is definitely correct.

The only white face Luminor Base are the 010 and the 114.

Both they are polished SS case and bezel.

The crown guard is polished on the 010 and E-F (2002-2003) 114, brushed on the G+ (2004+) 114.

your both totally wrong.

it gave both models pam055 brown and white. images below.

the white version in a very small edition.

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/panerai/carpediem/html/historic.html

rolli

gen pam055 white and brown:

post-2837-1188836711_thumb.jpg post-2837-1188836701_thumb.jpg

Theo is definitely correct.

The only white face Luminor Base are the 010 and the 114.

Both they are polished SS case and bezel.

The crown guard is polished on the 010 and E-F (2002-2003) 114, brushed on the G+ (2004+) 114.

your both totally wrong.

While any day is a good day to learn something new, I would be cautious on taking for granted what I find on a generic, unofficial, unknown, japanese website.

According to the site you mentioned, there are 3 white face Luminor Base: the "white" 009, the 0010, and the "white" 055.

According to the Paneristi database, there are no such things like a "white" 009 or a "white" 055:

http://www.paneristi.com/reference/vendome/base.html

The 009 is PVD-case, black-dial only. And the 055 is titanium-case, brown-dial only.

I have to add that I happen to own all the official OP catalogues (unfortunately only those ranging from 2003 upwards), and there is no such thing like a model made with different face colours and styles.

I mean: any time OP made similar models in different face colours and styles, they gave those models individually specific PAM ### names/numbers.

Interesting enough, even 'your' site makes no mention about a white 009 or a white 055 on this page of theirs.

Hummm, its tough. Because I've seen a TI white dial 055 picture before. Now i have to admit that we live in a day that any pic can be made up, it came from a very reliable source. I guess I'll just have to keep looking to see what the real deal is. I'll try to get a pic of the "gen" white dial 055 and see what everyone thinks.

Uhm... Japan market PAMs usually are an urban legend just made up to justify fantasy models showing up on the Japan market (Ken teaches).

I also tried googleing for keywords "panerai" (or "pam"), "055" (or "009"), and "white" -- nothing came out.

I stay on my previous opinion so far.

And I second sssurfers words....and stress the fact THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AN OFFICIAL white dialed Titanium PAM (44mm Base)!

I have to admit that I met several `Risti that made/mixed cases and dials to their own taste (e.g. the white dialed PVD base :o ?)

So we can blame this on the grey market where everything is possible but nothing is official.

Anyway, a nice watch!

Theo

I've been told that this is a pic of the gen watch.....I did read where the all the base model pams were offered in white, but im thinking the guys saying its not a real model are correct. Check out the pic....

As I said, "Japanese market".

Fantasy and urban legends*.

But nice indeed.

*I learnt one year ago ago not to believe them.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. Nor am I trying to start anything. Im sincerely trying to learn and value your thoughts as Im new to the pams. I asked this question on a pam forum, and a guy said it was a valid pam, and posted this link:

http://paneristi.web.fc2.com/data/79.html

The reason I'm asking again is this. If this is a fantasy model (which your prob 100% right and Im just asking to many questions) then would the japanese go through so efforts to right up a story (im assuming this link is to a japanese mag thats what the forum member stated) just to sell rep watches of a pam that was never made?

My reasoning is, I've not seen this white pam on anyones website for sale that sells reps. Davidson sells it modded. Point is, why would they go through such efforts to make a fake brochure (in picture found in link), and a artical about it (which i cant read) but not push this model thats never (or rarely) found on the rep market??? You'd think if they are trying to sell a fantasy model they went through some efforts to make people think it was a gen watch, but its rare to never seen on the rep market. Something doesn't make sense, and trust me again Im not questioning you members just trying to learn.

ALSO CAN THE DIAL BE CHANGED TO THE BROWN EASILY BY A MODDER?? IF SO WHO WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?

Edited by Mr.RadioActive

This all reminds me of another model, the RWX Marina Militare, Japan related:

http://jitteryjim.com/?page_id=227

If the "white 055" too came from Ken, no wonder about good pics and brochures.

It would be really interesting to read that Japanese page, I hope that ajoesmith may chime in and help.

Also interesting to note that Davidsen is rumored of originally being Japanese.

But I have to stress again that no official OP or Paneristi pages tell one single line about such a model.

About modding your watch again:

as long as you can source a new dial, surely The Zigmeisterzumba (CAN located) can install it.

Unfortunately I have no clue on where to source a brown dial. Just, in a next future member Lello might be able to provide any dials anyone can desire. You may want to have a look here (scroll to near the bottom of the page).

Btw, your watch is titanium, isn't it?

Yes the watch i have is a Ti. I'll be reading all the threads you sent ssurfer. However just briefly reading the thread Ken (remember Im a newbie) is a rep watch seller/maker?

dluddy- I'm gonig to email him. I'm having a horrible time getting a hold of any modder to install it however. Im not sure if these guys are so tied up, or they dont know me yet. But if Davidson can get me a dial, that would be perfect if I can get it super lumed and installed.

Ken (remember Im a newbie) is a rep watch seller/maker?

Yes, Ken / Watchhompo used to be the maker and seller of some gourgeous (and highly priced) replicas. Sort of a Japan version of MBW, but even better at times.

Their highest-end watches surely were at a level not to suffer too much from comparison with gens, so to raise sort of a 'deep-grey' market. I would not get surprised if Ken spreaded voices of models especially made for the Japan market and supported them with great pics and brochures in order to get benefit from that confusion.

Their reps were so good that, as a matter of fact, the Watchhompo people got jailed.

With some good legwork from their lawers they got out of jail, but they had to move away with their business, and here is where I lose their tracks.

I even wonder whether they might be involved in making some of the current "super-reps"...

Humm, very interesting. That would make sense why the watch was taken so serious. Someone went to great lenghts to make people think the 055 white was a real. I read the link carefully and it sounds like he made a great watch. I wonder what the link could of been between the two? Its said the dial on the 055 is 99% perfect even under a loop.

I did contact davidson, and hes sending me a brown dial, but this is very interesting. Thank you for all the info.

Well, if you put a brown dial at the level of that white dial into the 055, and transplant that white dial into a SS PAM, you should end up with a gorgeous 055 and an equally gorgeous 010/144.