When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 Band & endlink reference

vlaletom

I would like to change the band on my DW 6263 V72.

I think it's the worst part of the watch for now, or at least i focus on that one ....

I own a gen rolex date just 1500 who was fited with a 78350 19mm solid band, so i can tell for shure that DW's 78350 is not that good.

Actually you can't even use DW links to extend the gen bracelet because they can not fit.

I am not even speaking of the endlink, they took me like one day to drill and get in place ...

So i am thinking to upgrade for a gen.

I know that a combination of 78350 band and 571 endlink would be correct. But i have a hard time finding some (or they go for way to much $$$).

So my question is what other band / endlink where used on the 6263

I think floded link where olso sold with that watch, but dunno wich exact ref i think that would be 7835 ?

And did some riveted link where olso used ?

I think rivted links would be a perfect combo with the watch if it was used during production days .

Finally, did all the band used same 571 endlinks ?

Thanks for the advices ...

Tom

Hi Tom,

I have a 78350 with 557 end links on my DW6263 and they fit okay, they aren't quite the correct height even with adjusting the "bite". The key is they're a lot easier to find than 571's.

The only other option for ones that will fit well are to have some made by Classic Watch Parts, but do be prepared for a long wait.

Good luck!

-TMG

I would like to change the band on my DW 6263 V72.

I think it's the worst part of the watch for now, or at least i focus on that one ....

I own a gen rolex date just 1500 who was fited with a 78350 19mm solid band, so i can tell for shure that DW's 78350 is not that good.

Actually you can't even use DW links to extend the gen bracelet because they can not fit.

I am not even speaking of the endlink, they took me like one day to drill and get in place ...

So i am thinking to upgrade for a gen.

I know that a combination of 78350 band and 571 endlink would be correct. But i have a hard time finding some (or they go for way to much $$$).

So my question is what other band / endlink where used on the 6263

I think floded link where olso sold with that watch, but dunno wich exact ref i think that would be 7835 ?

And did some riveted link where olso used ?

I think rivted links would be a perfect combo with the watch if it was used during production days .

Finally, did all the band used same 571 endlinks ?

Thanks for the advices ...

Tom

Tom -- You can pick up 19mm 7835s for under $250 on ebay. I doubt you will find one with the proper Daytona endlinks (they are rare), but if you watch the listings for a few weeks, you should be able to find a decent bracelet for your watch.

The 357 links on my 6239 may not be a perfect fit, but they are close enough and relatively inexpensive (I paid less than $150 for the bracelet & end links)

Image1-3.jpg

thanks guys for the answares ...

I have actually found 2 interesting link dinging the web on the rolex band reference that i should share :

a chart :

http://www.14270.com/spec-rolex.htm

and the most interesting :

http://orologi-rolex.shop.it/ it has a very precise reference for most rolex watch with precise documentation on what band/endlink/movement etc where used ...

it's in italian, but the number/photo can be read in any language :)

that were i learned that for example for the 6263/6265 was corect :

7205/8, endlink 71 (riveted in glod only)

7835, endlink 271 (floded)

7835, endlink 371 (floded)

78350, endlink 571 (solid)

so the riveted version is inacurate for a SS 6263/6265 (but would be for 6238/6239/6240/6241)