When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can anyone help?

madasboot

Dear fellow members,

I bought a vintage 3646 California Dial from River two weeks ago.

This one is a very nice built model (even the dial looks nice), however the crystal is of very poor quality.

I am doing some mods on the watch and I would like to source a thick plexiglass crystal to replace the one it came with.

All my efforts on finding one have been in vain so far...

Can anybody help me sourcing one?

best regards,

marco

• 2 months later...
Dear fellow members,

I bought a vintage 3646 California Dial from River two weeks ago.

This one is a very nice built model (even the dial looks nice), however the crystal is of very poor quality.

I am doing some mods on the watch and I would like to source a thick plexiglass crystal to replace the one it came with.

All my efforts on finding one have been in vain so far...

Can anybody help me sourcing one?

best regards,

marco

i am seriously considering custom making plexiGlass crystal for 6152. 6mm thickness. the only issue here is that if i have them make only a few, the price shoots up. i am also considering custom tobacco dial, and it's the same story. if i can get more ppl, i would place orders...

i am seriously considering custom making plexiGlass crystal for 6152. 6mm thickness. the only issue here is that if i have them make only a few, the price shoots up. i am also considering custom tobacco dial, and it's the same story. if i can get more ppl, i would place orders...

I would be interested in both the crystal and the dial. However, I would also really like a good crystal for my vintage with cal dial. Perhaps enough will respond to make it a workable project.

I would be interested in both the crystal and the dial. However, I would also really like a good crystal for my vintage with cal dial. Perhaps enough will respond to make it a workable project.

I am doing the crystals for this watch. Just done another 2 this week for my own projects. I get them specially made from optical plastic (not perspex but very similar) and then hand finish them to create a curved edge (they come with a sharp edge when they are made). To do it I need to have the existing crystal as my maker needs to set his machine by it. Cost is £85 shipped.