When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some recent mods by Ziggy

dluddy

Just got these back from Ziggy and wanted to share the results.

First is my 188. Ziggy had previously painted the subdial hands black (before the models came out with this fix) and Superlumed the dial. He just completed the final mods I plan to do (until I rdecide to replace the Asian 7750 with swiss) by replacing the rep crown with one of Kruz's OEM crowns. It is also sporting a newly AR'd crystal thanks to the last Chief AR run.

Before:

pam188ziggylumeddialzz9.jpg

pam188wristongeflaspezigj7.jpg

After:

pam188arcrownmodqq2.jpg

pam188arcrownmod1cl8.jpg

Next up is my 172 Tantalium. To me, this is an underrated Panerai model. It is truly a beautiful design and the Rep is pretty good, albeit not made of tantalium but Titanium. If I could find the right caseback I'd be finished. The Rep caseback had no markings, unfortunately.

These are the first mods I have done to this and I think Ziggy did an incredible job. He did a cannon pinion fix and also relumed the sausage Dial with Superluminova. I really like what the Chief Single side AR did for the crystal and highly recommend his services :thumbsupsmileyanim:

pam172postziggynd9.jpg

pam172ontoscanacamelwriov5.jpg

I'm no By-Tor or Pugwash in the photography department but hope you enjoy the results of the work as much as I do.

Thanks Zig :1a:

The single AR is subtle, and probably even harder to detect over the white dial. You're probably seeing the AR more on the Tantalium, right? Both look great, though, and as always Ziggy's work is second to none.

You see the tint on the black dial Tantalium more but the Dial just really pops out on the white dial 188 with the AR. It is hard to photograph and describe but trust me it makes a huge difference :thumbsupsmileyanim: