When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help I need screws!

plaifender

Ok.. so after a long debate of whether or not i should glue my CG back on to my watch after losing the screws.. I decided to do it. I bought some Metal glue and followed the instructions carefully. After 24 hours of not touching my watch.... I put it on today and the CG is still LOOSE!!! I need some CG screws BADLY!

Anyone have ANY idea where I can find some? I've been to three watch shops here in madrid.. but no one's been any help. I've also been to an optical shop.. no help there either. Let me know of ideas!

I had the same problem 6 months ago. King Watch helped me out by sending, free of charge , a pair of screws.

I realy need them for myslef otherwise i woudl have send one or two to you but sorry.

There might be a last change in the shops ho sell small radio controled plains and cars. They often have very small screws in stock.

Could be that you have to adept them in lenght but that's a nice job for a rainy day ( if it ever rains in Madrid )

If this doesn't work then all it takes is a lot of mails asking gently if one of the dealers can help you.

regards,

Cats

I had the same problem 6 months ago. King Watch helped me out by sending, free of charge , a pair of screws.

I realy need them for myslef otherwise i woudl have send one or two to you but sorry.

There might be a last change in the shops ho sell small radio controled plains and cars. They often have very small screws in stock.

Could be that you have to adept them in lenght but that's a nice job for a rainy day ( if it ever rains in Madrid )

If this doesn't work then all it takes is a lot of mails asking gently if one of the dealers can help you.

regards,

Cats

I've already asked my Dealer at Silix to send me replacement screws. he sent me six screws but they're about .5mm too short!! He said he'll keep looking for more.. but he already took over a month to get me the first six... MORE waiting.. i guess.

I guess i was just wondering if anyone around on the forum had any spares just "lyin around" haha. I see that's not the case though... I'm gonna check the electronics store tomorrow.. and also another eyeglass shop. Anyone know the length of the CG screws for the pam253? I know that its diameter is 2mm.

I can't guarantee you will find the screw you need, but you may want to have a look here:

http://www.cousinsuk.com/default.aspx?disp...oductgroupid=24

(especially look at the case back screws).

But... 2mm diameter -- the threaded part?!?

I would also try a better glue.

Was it the two-components metal glue? That smelling like sulphur?

I can't guarantee you will find the screw you need, but you may want to have a look here:

http://www.cousinsuk.com/default.aspx?disp...oductgroupid=24

(especially look at the case back screws).

But... 2mm diameter -- the threaded part?!?

I would also try a better glue.

Was it the two-components metal glue? That smelling like sulphur?

yes It was the glue compound.. that i mixed.... It was cheap.. and i bought it at the Bazaar shop next door. I sent my watch off to Jay yesterday and he said he'll replace it if it's in perfect condition.. or fix it. Either free of charge... I'll be missing my watch for a couple days.. but it's a solution that might just get me a NEW watch!!