When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polished versus Brushed Crown Guards

Victoria

I bought a polished Crown Guard from a chap on RWI.

Having two PAM 111h watches, I decided to change one brushed CG to the new polished one, just for fun. But hmm, since I'm getting pickier about authenticity, perhaps this bothers me.

So, question:

Is there an easy reference list to see which PAM models/series came with polished CGs versus brushed ones?

A recent thread coughed up this, but it's not accurate according to Sssurfer:

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/panerai/carpediem/html/historic.html

I've tried all the usual suspects like the Panerai official site, Risti & Timezone, but the info is sometimes not easy to read about that specific part. Thanks for any help!

My collection thus far, for reference:

PAM 076, PAM 090, PAM 111h (x2), PAM 112, PAM 113, PAM 118, PAM 127, PAM 154, PAM 177h, PAM 183h, PAM 190, PAM 199, PAM 210, PAM 217, Fantasy Mini-Fiddy

(still to arrive PAM 005 from TWP)

Take a look at ssurfers reference table.

its not totaly complete but very good.

You can find it here http://www.rwg.cc/members/PAM-reference-table-t32170.html

:group:

As ever, I am humbled by the knowledge and instant response by RWGers to questions. THANK YOU MAXIMILIAN!

And for Sssurfer, what can one say that hasn't been said already -- a Panerai genius!

(I see the 111, 112, 113 all had polished CGs in their E-F incarnations, changing to Brushed after G. I might change the PAM 113, since without the sandwich dial, it's harder to tell!)

Ah, Victoria, Victoria... tsk tsk... that was all in my signature!

I suppose you also missed the mp3 with the Panerai words, did you?

Just, I can't help from forgiving a girl who got 1 Pam every 5 days of her staying here... :wub:

Why bother so much about look alike authenticity and gens. A replica watch is only a replica .Why don't you just enjoy it,with the add ons that make you feel good? ( wondering)...

I've answered this very question on three forums, as honestly as I could: but too frequently and in depth to repeat, Wjlamp, forgive me. Just to say that for other guys here, it's a kind of challenge -- a Franken project. It gives them satisfaction to make them look as close to gen as possible.

For me, it's very simple. I want people to think I have a gen Panerai on my wrist. This is why I started with a fantasy Mini-Fiddy, and ended up at Davidsens, 2 months later. Soon, I'll be into modding them.

Yes, I know. I'm unique and alone in all of the 3 forums I frequent, because I have yet to hear one person say it as baldly, and as boldly as I have.

So now you know, yes? :)

...for other guys here, it's a kind of challenge -- a Franken project. It gives them satisfaction to make them look as close to gen as possible...

So true my dear, so true...you hit the nail on the head with this statement for a lot of us PAM-crazies.

The others that question or don't understand this are, well...just collectors :)

cheers,

babola

P.S. Know anyone with a spare E-series see-thru 44mm caseback ? LOL!

I've answered this very question on three forums, as honestly as I could: but too frequently and in depth to repeat, Wjlamp, forgive me. Just to say that for other guys here, it's a kind of challenge -- a Franken project. It gives them satisfaction to make them look as close to gen as possible.

For me, it's very simple. I want people to think I have a gen Panerai on my wrist. This is why I started with a fantasy Mini-Fiddy, and ended up at Davidsens, 2 months later. Soon, I'll be into modding them.

Yes, I know. I'm unique and alone in all of the 3 forums I frequent, because I have yet to hear one person say it as baldly, and as boldly as I have.

So now you know, yes? :)

Same reasons, different routes.

After all, "all routes" lead to Firenze. :rolleyes: No?