When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

sharing pics of watches

dadog13

Hi friends,

I have almost 2GB of watch pics on my laptop...and I was thinking if it could be uploaded somewhere so we can share the pics we have collected through the time on our computers...dunno much about this things but since I know that the music...movies...other stuff can be uploaded, suppose this can be done too...I bet some of us have some gorgeus pics of watches that would be nice for others to have...

somebody who knows more about this uploading thing please comment...

what do you think about this?

Edited by dadog13

Hi,

You can easy upload them on a newsserver. But if you're done uploading they can be downloaded for about 2 weeks when you don't have a payserver. If you have a payserver you can download to files for about 100 weeks.

check for a how-to here: http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/newsgroupguide/upload.html

I'd definitely go for the Newsgroups option. I don't think any other option would give decent download speeds.

Post it in multipart RAR format (say 50MB parts), with 10% PAR2 files. Create an NZB of it (which is basically a list of files to get), then host the NZV and link to it here.

2GB would only take about 15 minutes for me to get from my news provider, as i can max out my 20Mb connection. Something which would be very unlikely to happen if hosted on the web.

Newsgroups are definitely the way to go, use a news server like giganews. Use the RAR and PAR option and post to binary newsgroup. It can then be reposted every 100 days or so and then people download the NZB file to get the whole thing. I'll volunteer to post the whole collection if you want, I just need to download it first from someplace.

Polish website called Fotosik has virtually no limits and restrictions. Though it's kind of like visiting a shady neighborhood due to all of the inappropriate postings, but if you just manage your own private collection of photos it is good to upload and share with a community. It's in Polish, but intuitive enough...

www.fotosik.pl

i know that...i meant of putting the whole package (2GB) in a zip file and to upload to some kind of server where anybody of you could download it...

2GB ? that's huge

Why not just post your pictures time after time? So we could appreciate the wonderful stuff every day .

since i know some of the guys in this forum can give penetrating judgment and knowledge to us , just have no patience to download them

hope more and more people here can express his views ,and more important, post his elegant reps :lol: