When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Aerospace Sea Harrier

b16a2

At 18, I knew I wanted a Breitling. My interest in joining the Air Force pretty much sealed that desire. After much research, the Aerospace appealed to me the most.

It has a combination of being lightweight and comfortable, yet still retaining the uniqueness found in Breiling watches. So the Aerospace it would be.

After much more research into the model, I found that Breitling made special edition versions of their watches, and issued them to the military. Of all the Ltd Ed ones that I discovered to exist, the British Aerospace Harrier version was the one I wanted.

So three years later, and plenty of searching and patience, I bought one..

07092007366.jpg

07092007367.jpg

The wrist shot

07092007371.jpg

07092007368.jpg

A blurry one

07092007369.jpg

Compared to the thickness of an Omega Seamaster Professional Chrono....it's a very thin watch!!

07092007372.jpg

07092007373.jpg

Thank you for reading the thread

There are many functions on this model, and they are all operated via the crown, there are no chrono pushers.

If you roate the crown without pulling it out, it will move through the various modes that the watch has.

The different modes that are available are;

stop watch

digital time

digital timezone 2

seconds and date

day and date

countdown timer

and alarm

These are all contolled by turning, pulling and pushing the crown

There is also a minute repeater, so the watch will give a sonic indication of the hours and minutes.

Hours = long beep

Quarter hours = two mid beeps

5 minutes = five short beeps

Minutes = one short sharp beep

This allows you to know what the time is without looknig at the watch, and can therefore concentrate on navigation, the target etc....

It has the usual Breitling AR coating for easy readability in all light conditions, superlumed hands come as standard, although they are only tiny hands, so they don't glow as a Panerai would. Being titanium and a qaurtz movement it weighs next to nothing, and is very thin so it fits easily under your flight suit/shirt sleeve.