When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about replica Case and CG's

Rxus

I'm far from an expert, but what do those of you "trained" in the art of paneristi look for to spot the flaws on the case and cg's of the replicas?

I have read countless threads with mentions of cg's not looking right, cases that arent well. Even crowns that are too thin.

Some of these I have learned to spot, like the canon pin, the cg level pin not flushed and obvious ones like polished cg's when they should be brushed.

But aside from those obvious signs what else do you spot as a flaw?

There's a lot of stuff, but one of the easy tells is if the CG doesn't fit the case perfectly. The lever pin is an easy one. Many CGs have a very thin pin and you'll never see that on newer PAMs. The top of the pin is thick and the bottom is thinner. The REP pins are one diameter from top to bottom and the GENs are thicker on the top and thinner on the bottom.

Fit/finish on the case varies much on REP cases. A GEN case won't show machining marks and have rough or sharp edges like the REPs.

The JimmyFu case is really nice. Perfect polish and very nice lugs. Some REPs have very short lugs and thick straps don't work.

That's all that I can think of. The dial are entirely different story :D

Interesting, i have to say my 111h althoguh an econimcal rep as i wasnt certain if I would like Pams or not, has a nice polished case very smooth and even, no sharp edges, the cg pin is wrong though. and well i can't say anything about it's lugs as the streaps i have are not very thick.