When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My watch after GM-Ziggy's work

the playful eyes

Just got the watch back not too long ago and it looks wonderful. I had my hesitation at first knowing I was sending something of value to a complete stranger whom I might never hear from again, but all fear and reservation bleed away like paint on a wet canvas when I saw the wonderful job he did to my watch on its return. The good ol' chap from the north surely has earned a stone engraved place in my book when it comes to watches, so without further ado......... Here's my 'ziggified' watch! :)

1354888437_e6ad63d5de_o.jpg

1355778556_b6238cc029_o.jpg

1354887363_09fae96994_o.jpg

Info on this project:

It was a fun project and took awhile to get the parts I wanted. My initial idea was to purchase a moon watch on eBay and have it be sent to Zig for work, but after having won the dial on eBay for a really good price totally placed me in the 'Gotta catch'em all' Pokemon mode where I would browse the bay for parts to buy. In the end, the watch cost more than what I would have gotten it for if i were to buy it on eBay as a whole.

Edited by the playful eyes

Kenmasters,

Just got one this afternoon from a member on TimeZone.com.

As for the parts. You can try ofrei. I purchased my case from them and here's the link:

Speedmaster Case

Whoa.. $586 for a back case.. Anyone selling replica back cases and dome sapphires ?

I went back to ofrei and there are many crystals and back cases with different prices... some are reasonable.. crystals from $30 to $160. And back cases from $98.

http://www.ofrei.com/page_168.html

http://www.ofrei.com/page670.html

Anyone had any luck with these parts ? know which part to order ?!

Edited by kenmasters