When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing scratches from Brushed S.S. bracelets.

guanaco

I ran into this website a while back and tried its solution for removing scratches on Brushed S.S. bands like on the Seamaster and the Planet Oceans, it actually works! I removed the huge scuff and scratches my U-PO 'Lite' had which were very annoying to look at, the scuffs looked like a smashed window, and some scratches were medium/deep, I brushed for about 10 min. (Brush in one direction only!) And voila! The bracelet looked brand new! I had to send him a thank you email, this saved me a trip to the watch-smith... again!

http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/seamaster/smp%20clasp.html

I accidentally bought the pad/sponge duo with lemon scent, :lol: , lemon scented scratch remover!

For $0.98 a pair it was a bargain! Good for about 100 scratch repairs approximately each. ^_^

Sorry about the crappy pics, no before pics also, sorry...

Picture008.jpg

omega3.jpg

omega2.jpg

omega1.jpg

And some crappy shots of the watch:

omega5.jpg

omega4.jpg

I use an extremely light weight sand paper. It takes out the scuffs in seconds. Then a quick going over with a cape cod cloth (just enough to even out the finish) and my bracelets look like new. For polished bracelets I use brass/silver polish with my dremel polishing wheel. I have taken a bracelet with several years of daily wear back to "brand new" condition in less than an hour with this method.