When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches in Rocky II

Pugwash

I was watching Rocky II (watching all of them before I see the latest) and I noticed Rocky and Adrian getting watches. He got the Gold GMT on Pres, she got the lady's Bling DJ and they bought the Day-Date for her brother Paulie:

Rocky%20II.png

Oh, but Rocky did mention he can't tell the time so well, but it didn't stop him wearing it a few times. He probably wouldn't even notice the weight of an all-gold watch.

Great way to build up to the event Pug, only wish I had the time. Caught the original the other week, surprised how well it held up and 'classic' it looked although it should be remembered it won Best Picture Oscar in '76 beating no less a film than Taxi Driver :blink: even if that decision was a little suspect.

III is a treat, really sad, and I could never watch the A-Team again in the same way ;)

IV a great film, will have future students debating it a la Shakespeare based on it's wonderfully simple Good vs Evil, Cold War theme

V - didn't see it, didn't miss much by all accounts

Balboa - not seen it yet, but soon I hope.

p.s. The GMT is on a Jubilee, Pug, it's the ladies DJ that is on a Pres ;)

p.s. The GMT is on a Jubilee, Pug, it's the ladies DJ that is on a Pres ;)

That's what I said, Doc! I can't help it if you ... oh, wait. Damn ...oops.

Yeah, both Rocky I and II hold up very well, especially I. Yes, it won an Oscar, even more surprising considering it was written by Sylvester Stallone.