When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cousteau or not Cousteau?

TWP

Highly Anticipated, Highly touted, and Highly disappointing. Those were some of my original feelings I had towards this rep when it first came out. As we all know the first version had major issues, dirty crystals, uneven markers, partical debris from the inner bezel, the list went on. Out of 20 or so that I have sold only a couple have been perfect. I was so dissatisfied with the Cousteau I thought about not offering it at all and did not order any stocks for several months. Last week my supplier contacted and told me that he had a fresh batch in and would guarantee that I would like them or my money back. An offer I could not resist. Yesterday, six of these gems came in and I am very pleased with all of them.

IWCCOUS.jpg

IWCCOUS_1.jpg

IWCCOUS_2.jpg

IWCCOUS_3.jpg

IWCCOUS_12.jpg

IWCCOUS_4.jpg

IWCCOUS_5.jpg

IWCCOUS_6.jpg

IWCCOUS_7.jpg

IWCCOUS_8.jpg

IWCCOUS_9.jpg

IWCCOUS_1.jpg

IWCCOUSWRIST.jpg

Edited by TWP

Looks like very clean stocks this time around. ;)

Great pics!

Thank you. My heart stopped while I was opening the package as I expected to see the same ol [censored]. Dirty crystal, mal aligned numbers, yada, yada, ya. Very rewarding to get stocks this good.

Correction. Only three of these remain now.

Edited by TWP

Thank you. My heart stopped while I was opening the package as I expected to see the same ol [censored]. Dirty crystal, mal aligned numbers, yada, yada, ya. Very rewarding to get stocks this good.

Correction. Only three of these remain now.

What's the opinion now on these movements. Do they need a service before using or not?

I really like this watch, but sending it from Europe to The Zigmeister in the USA takes a lot of time, adds some risk of losing it, and makes it a 500 euro watch. Which is maybe a bargain for some people, but I always have to think twice before spending 500 euros...

Just got my Cousteau from Angus, looks like it is one from this new batch...no issues. Awsome watch!

@manus, The Zigmeister is in Canada, not USA...and it is worth the "pain in the ass tax" to send it to him, his work is the best!

@Usil, the turning mechanism on the one i got from Angus seems pretty smooth (never handled the gen to compaire though) the inner bezel dosent seem to quite line up though....

How is the turning mechanism - smooth?

Usil

The turning mechanism is very smooth, seems to be oiled, not ratching like the old ones.

What's the opinion now on these movements. Do they need a service before using or not?

I really like this watch, but sending it from Europe to The Zigmeister in the USA takes a lot of time, adds some risk of losing it, and makes it a 500 euro watch. Which is maybe a bargain for some people, but I always have to think twice before spending 500 euros...

Make the arrangements with The Zigmeister and I can mail it to him from the U.S. for you.

Can you post a picture in the dark to see the lume how it glows