When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTB - Jason Bourne Tag

seamaster444

Eeuuw, not the "Bourne watch"?!!! :yuk:

Lean mean tortured killing machine he may be but when it comes to style (clothes, vehicles, weapons, watches), Bond is without peer.

Ok then putting my helpful hat on, the fairly ugly quartz chrono (sported by Bourne, now discontinued) you're looking for is the Link Chrono CT1111.BA0550

Not sure about rep availability (can't say I've ever seen it with Joshua or any other dealer), but gen can be picked up for about €600 ;)

51t8ap69txlss500fb2.jpg

p.s. for the record, I thought Identity was superb, Supremacy so-so, and Ultimatum very disappointing.

Ultimatum better than Supremacy

I originally thought so, but on reflection I'm not so sure. Sure large (mainly Moscow) parts of Supremacy were a mess (also took a while to get used to Greengrass' migraine-inducing handheld style) but at least it had pace which varied, allowing you to take in a bit more than the the action sets. Back story was also done well even the strangely moving ending.

Ultimatum was great for the first 15 mins or so, the Waterloo Station sequence I loved (very familiar ;) ) but then it just took off like the old crappy Bond films dot to dot on the world map with one action sequence after another, without pausing for breath. Annoying quirks (why didn't the Algerian assassin quickly finish an unconscious Bourne off after the car bomb, instead of walking away from a few police sirens and going after the girl first??? :doh:).

Recruitment back story didn't really go anywhere. WHY did he volunteer? Also, no strong baddies to boo and hiss - where was the Chris Coleman, or Brian Cox types? Great characters. That slimy grey-haired accountant-type director who got a weedy shot off at the end? Like being savaged by a wet fish. And anyway, just how did JB get into his secure office past all the glass cubicles full of his colleagues? :rolleyes:

Even the fellow assassin standoff dialogue was done SOOooooo much better in Identity with Clive Owen scene-stealing. Bourne even used his line right at the end. Didn't sound anywhere near as convincing. But then Owen is by far the better actor.

Hence, VERY disappointing ;)

Identity was such a breath of fresh air, but they killed Runlolarun in Supremacy. Darn you all to heck!

ps. Not yet seen Ultimatium.

That's it a nutshell Pug, the first was ground-breaking, the next two merely formulaic.

Franke Potente, agree, great actress, with her dead, Bourne goes back to his monosyllabic wooden poker-faced blankness (i.e. perfect role for Damon ;) )

p.s. you will no doubt just to see, but despite all the reviews, don't expect too much - oh and hopefully I didn't reveal any spoilers?

p.s. you will no doubt just to see, but despite all the reviews, don't expect too much - oh and hopefully I didn't reveal any spoilers?

I skipped your post intending to read it once I've seen the film. :D

And yes, I realise it's not going to be as good as the first one. Still, I doubt it'll be as bad as the second and third Matrix films, that's how not to do a trilogy.

• 3 weeks later...