When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone know where I can find a rep of this Chopard?

Category 5

My wife is salivating over this one with the floating diamonds. She doesn't care if it's real or a rep...so anyone know where to find decent rep of this? It'll save me $5700 to put towards my reps!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Haven't seen this one. I haven't seen any good Chopord replicas anyway.

You may consider a Patek Philippe 24.

Well. I ended up buying the Gen. Got it for $2300! She will happy for years with this watch.

After seeing it in person I can see why there is no rep...and probably won't be a good one ever.

The floating diamonds have a rolling pivon on the bottom, so they lean with the circumference of the top of the mounting resting it's edge on the top crystal. When the watch moves the diamonds spin on the axis and twirl around as though they are dancing. It is actually rather impressive. The diamonds seem to be alive...running around in chaotically like little sprakling creatures.

It was a lot for a quartz...but my wife could care less about the movement...and again, I'll admit I was rather impressed by the dancing diamonds.

I am sure any rep of this watch would fail to get the diamonds to dance like that!

Edited by Category 5

Well. I ended up buying the Gen. Got it for $2300! She will happy for years with this watch.

After seeing it in person I can see why there is no rep...and probably won't be a good one ever.

The floating diamonds have a rolling pivon on the bottom, so they lean with the circumference of the top of the mounting resting it's edge on the top crystal. When the watch moves the diamonds spin on the axis and twirl around as though they are dancing. It is actually rather impressive. The diamonds seem to be alive...running around in chaotically like little sprakling creatures.

It was a lot for a quartz...but my wife could care less about the movement...and again, I'll admit I was rather impressed by the dancing diamonds.

I am sure any rep of this watch would fail to get the diamonds to dance like that!

So does the diamonds 'tick' or swirl like in a liquid?

They do not tick...they "roll" around. they are not in liquid, but the motion of the swirling is not unlike it.

Imagine a mounting with a sharp pont on the bottom and a round circumference edge on the top. The two pieces of saphhire are just far enough apart that the diamond starts to lean over in it's mounting. The circumference edge then just comes in contact with the top crystal on one edge, and as the diamond moves it "rolls" on the top edge causeing it to spin quickly, and swirl around. the swirling looks like dancing, and the spinning causes the diamond to sparkle in motion. A very neat effect that just can't be appreciated in pictures.

My first reaction to the pictures was of parts loose in the watch, as if they had broken off. But your description sounds interesting.

I could never imagine buying a rep with diamond decorations. If the quality of the rep itself doesn't give it away, the quality of the diamonds almost certainly would.

But then, I couldn't imagine wearing a real watch with diamonds on it either. Of course this is for your wife. I hope she appreciates your thoughtfulness.

I just wanted to put in the good word for bestjewelryexpo on ebay. I know a lot of guys around here like to find Gens at good deals, and I can at elast vouch that the watch I received from him is a genuine Chopard Happy Sport dated 2001. This is from Chopard themselves. It is in great condition too...but missing the spare links so I hope it fits my wife! :o

I was a bit nervous as to what I'd receive.

The guy has his phone# in the auctions too. I spoke with Vladimir and he said he gets all types of pre owned watches in. He even had a 42mm PO go recently for $1400. He also said they usually go for about $1600-1700 and he is going to keep his eye out for a clean one for me (see what buying a toy for the wife can do! :D )

Well. I just wanted to post my impressions here because when I was stressing about buying I searched hi and low and found nothing. Buying gens on ebay is SCARY!