When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MB Timewalker date wheel

azerbyjam

Hi guys,

I treated myself to the newest Timewalker watch from PT last month and while I love it to pieces, there's something that's been bugging me since I received it - the date wheel alignment. It's the Swiss Eta 2836-2 movement, but with the date at 6 o'clock. Sometimes the date's positioned correctly, whilst at others it's closer to the left. Also, when flicking through the dates using the crown set on the quick date change function, between positions 5 -10 and 21-26 there's no 'click' when the date changes over. Yet on all the others you can almost feel it changing over.

So, has the date wheel not been aligned correctly at the factory? Does it sound like a non eta date wheel has been used and would buying a genuine one fix it? or have I damaged the keyless works in someway?

My next question, does anyone know how to uncase the movement? I tried to last week, but having unscrewed the case back, removing the crown and movement screws, found that the dial was too big to be removed from the back :p There's a small lip on the bezel edge at 10 o'clock, which I assume is pushed upwards to remove the crystal and gain access to the hands and dial. If anyone could tell me how, I'd appreciate it :)