When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemars and Jay-z

plaifender

Ok.. i'm not a huge fan of Jay-z but I'm pretty attentive when it comes to song lyrics..

I would never post this if any hip-hop artist used the words.. Rolex.. or Navitimer... but this is the first time i've ever heard and seen an Audemars (maybe ROO) mentioned in a rap video. Also an aray of gold watches and jewelry that beyonce is rolling around on the floor in. Some daydates and datejusts from what it looks like.. not sure.

check out minute 3:15

"But everywhere we are

You sure to see stars

This is high level

Not our level

[My best suit] courtesy of Audemars"

Almost positive that Jay-z does not say "my best suit", but says "my bezel". All the lyrics websites say best suit.. but he holds his watch and then points towards the bezel after saying the line...

check it out.. beyonce is always a pleasure.. no matter how ridiculous her dancing and video concepts are...

+1 vote for bezel - especially given the rest of how the video is - all that bling with the watches, the Rolls, I may have to change careers, and turn black (white guys just don't look right when they try to rap) so I can roll around in watches....

+1 vote for bezel - especially given the rest of how the video is - all that bling with the watches, the Rolls, I may have to change careers, and turn black (white guys just don't look right when they try to rap) so I can roll around in watches....

haha.. not sure if i agree with your opinion on white guys looking right trying to rap.. Some of my favorite rappers are white and they look fine... that being said.. they don't talk about watches in their videos either.. usually more political and socio-economic issues.. (french rap group IAM is very mixed.. along with fonky family and other favorites of mine).

Rolling around in watches just looks ridiculous.. white,black, brown or yellow... Although i guess rolling around in rolexes and APs isn't quite the same as a giant pile of timex watches....

There is a Limited Jay-Z edition Audemars Royal Oak. Very limited. I got to try one on in Vegas a while back.

And yes he does say "Bezel."

This is correct. I actually arranged the purchase of the rose gold limited edition for one of my clients (an NBA player, of course). I think it was $65,000 :o . They made 20 of them and had 3 left when we purchsed his. Only AP New York was carrying them. Oh to be wealthy like that. Must be nice.

that's amazing... to be that rich.... But after reading this article: http://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/news/jay_z.html , I guess there were 100 of the watches produced.. not 20.

The amount of money these guys make is obscene.. i remember an interview with Tyrese (a singer) and he told a story about losing a $75,000 platinum chain in a lake while he was wakeboarding or something like... i'd love to be the scuba diver that finds that peice of jewelry! Tyrese didn't even look for it.. he simply bought a new one the next day... haha

It was broken down as follows:

50 Stainless Steel - $23,500

30 Rose Gold - $43,900

20 Platinum - $69,500

My Dad has a gen Audemars and he and Mom have seen Jay-Z and Beyonce out at dinner (my kid brother pointed them out) and Dad immediately noticed he had on a Audemars similiar to his. I'm sure he noticed Beyonce first but didn't tell Mom that. :D

Am I the only one who finds this song unbearably annoying? But I agree, indeed the nice man says "bezel" but... I don't really understand rapper talk...

I grew up in NYC and remember rap well, but nowadays it just gives me a damn headache. You grow you move on. Back then I thought Timex was the best watch in the world...

It was broken down as follows:

50 Stainless Steel - $23,500

30 Rose Gold - $43,900

20 Platinum - $69,500

My Dad has a gen Audemars and he and Mom have seen Jay-Z and Beyonce out at dinner (my kid brother pointed them out) and Dad immediately noticed he had on a Audemars similiar to his. I'm sure he noticed Beyonce first but didn't tell Mom that. :D

Thanks for the correction. My mind is getting a bit fuzzy with age. :rolleyes: Whatever it was, seemed crazy to me.

plaifender

It is truly insane. I've seen some of my guys drop ridiculous cash at strip clubs too. Best one ever, $45,000 at the Spearmint Rhino in Vegas. At least I know that guy was smart enough to put his first contract in the bank. He is spending his latest one like it's going out of style. I wish I was 6'9" and could dunk a basketball.

Thanks for the correction. My mind is getting a bit fuzzy with age. :rolleyes: Whatever it was, seemed crazy to me.

plaifender

It is truly insane. I've seen some of my guys drop ridiculous cash at strip clubs too. Best one ever, $45,000 at the Spearmint Rhino in Vegas. At least I know that guy was smart enough to put his first contract in the bank. He is spending his latest one like it's going out of style. I wish I was 6'9" and could dunk a basketball.

I guess... but to be honest with you... 95% of the people in the states that are 6'9" and can dunk basketballs aren't playing professional.. and that's a fact. it takes more than height to make that much money... keep dreaming......