When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hello evrybody, i love this place!

assasi9

hey everyone. i am just getting into reps and i never knew that this is a popular hobby for many. i accidentally ran into this forum yesterday and have spent about 10hrs since then reading and looking at pics of some beautiful pieces(some of which i cannot believe are reps by the way). i am more of a tag and cartier kind of guy, but after coming here i have fallen in love with some panerai pieces which you guys so well represent here. i particularly love the 111h and its stunning simplicity. so, i decided that this is the next piece im going to purchase. after some research i found a collector who is selling what he claims to be a 'Manual winding Swiss ETA Unitas 6497 Modify ( OP XI 2005) 21,600 VPH' 111h. i can get this piece shipped to me (in the US) for around $200 which i find reasonable. i will include a couple of actual pics of the watch. my question is - is this a good buy for someone looking for a first panerai piece and is just starting to get into collecting? your input and comments are greatly appreciated!

(\/)e

post-8371-1190229658_thumb.jpg

post-8371-1190229666_thumb.jpg

post-8371-1190229674_thumb.jpg

the movement in the pics is not a swiss eta...it is asian copy of eta...nevertheless...if the watch is on steel bracelet it should be around 200$...i've seen that you registered yesterday...and that you've been reading for about 10hrs...spend a little more time...use the search button and read...you'll find a lot of info...almost every possible info you need...do a research on the 111 and you'll know what i was talking about in the first lines...

thanks alot for the quick reply. i didnt think i could get a swiss eta for that price which is precisely why i asked. as far as the rest of the watch, how close is it to gen? i think i will ask for the seller to throw in a couple of leather straps into the deal to make up for the asian eta. thanks again.