When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with regulating A21j movement that is fast 10min/day

twicebaked

Hey all,

A couple of days ago I received my A21j Chopard, beautiful watch btw. Since then I have noticed that it has been running nearly 10 minutes a day fast! Attached is a pic of the movement in the watch (not a pic of my exact watch but looks exactly the same as mine). I have already checked and made sure that the screw is all the way to the (-) position is there anything else i can do to regulate this thing? normally i give my movements a break in period before i attempt regulation, but 10min a day basically makes this thing unwearable.

Also, i noticed that the watch seems to have 0 water resistance, as the crystal began to fog up after about 4 hand washings! is there anything that can be done besides putting silicon grease on the caseback seal to improve water resistance?

thanks for all of the help!

TB

post-4155-1190308449_thumb.jpg

316L Thanks for the prompt response! RWG is the best.

The tiny screw that you have circled is already as far as it can go in the (-) position, so It looks like I have to move the little arm more to the (-) position. does this piece have a name?

How much do i need to move this arm in order to slow the watch down by ~9 minutes per 24hr period?

Your help is much appreciated.

TB

...you don't have to move the screw on this movement...I believe that that screw secures the part on the movement's "body". (i am not good in horological terms).

You move the arm that 316L has circled in the picture.

Just move it counterclockwise just a bit at a time, close the caseback, sync your watch with an accurate source and let the it run for a few hours (i usually leave them run for a day and check again).

If it's still fast repeat the procedure till you get satisfied results.

I'd recommend during the adjusting period you make this watch your everyday wear.

Adjusting for "wrist" time had the best results to all of my watches.

P.S. ask some expert like The Zigmeister what exactly was the screw that you moved (although i'm almost sure it's a screw for securing the part and not for adjustement).

Hey all. Thanks for the replies!

spa - I haven't moved that screw in the picture it is still in the same position as when i got the watch, so far I have just given the "arm" a slight nudge towards the (-) position. I have had a busy weekend, so hopefully I will be able to get it fully adjusted next week. The daily wear suggestion during adjustment is a good one. I'll give it a try!

Omega - Thanks for the Helpful link! Also, I got some silicone grease from the bay a while back, so I will finally get a chance to test it out on this caseback seal. I am hoping that this will do the trick, as i NEED to be able to wash my hands while wearing the watch.