When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

E Series and H Series

Chronus

Seeing now that Angus and Davidsen have the engraved Unitas movement, what is the difference between E series and H series watches?

Especially pertaining to the PAM127 that will be put out.

Angus says that he will have the H series out soon, but may be referring to the movement.

What I know is that the PAM127 has engraved PANERAI throught the bridges, but I don't thing the 3 cog wheel screws should be blue though.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

:1a:

The letter series in Panerais pretty much pertain to the year or years of manufacture of the watch, H would be around 2005, E would be around 2002 I would assume, but don't quote me on that.

The difference is, that the H series watches movements have Cote de Geneve finish on the bridges, while earlier series al have the engraved "Panerai Panerai Panerai" bridges. The blue screws for the cog wheels is indeed a mistake, and should not be there.

There is also a difference in some H models, some H model PAMs now have sandwich dials, as opposed to earlier models, models like 176, 177, 111 come to mind. There is no H series Fiddy, btw, since it was a limited edition of the E series.

The letter series in Panerais pretty much pertain to the year or years of manufacture of the watch, H would be around 2005, E would be around 2002 I would assume, but don't quote me on that.

The difference is, that the H series watches movements have Cote de Geneve finish on the bridges, while earlier series al have the engraved "Panerai Panerai Panerai" bridges. The blue screws for the cog wheels is indeed a mistake, and should not be there.

There is also a difference in some H models, some H model PAMs now have sandwich dials, as opposed to earlier models, models like 176, 177, 111 come to mind. There is no H series Fiddy, btw, since it was a limited edition of the E series.

Do the gens also (H-series) have sandwich-dial?

I'm pretty sure the PAM127 also has the sandwich dial, but is E series.

So we'd expect the engraved movement. Is this the same as the CDG movement ?

Its not called "E-Series", it should be called "G-Series".

Also, since when does davidsenjp cary the engraved bridge movement?

Sorry, for some reason I thought it came from davidsen... probably explains why he didnt reply to me about that one!