When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Crown no longer sets time?

twicebaked

Hello,

Today I went to set the time on my hand wind 177H, and discovered that I am no longer able to set the time. Usually I would pull out the crown and it would reach a "stopping point" from which I was able to set the time. Now the crown just seems to pull out all of the way past the stopping point, and will not allow the time to be set.

What happened to this watch? and is there a way to fix the problem?

Thanks for all of the help!

Well if this a manual (unitas style) and not an auto,Sounds to me like the screw that holds the crown in the keyless works has worked loose and alowed the groove in the stem to come past where it should, should not be hard to fix if that is what it is, just remove the case back and nip it up lightly, with the back of the watch facing you and the crown at 3 oclock the screw should be on the bridge just left and above where the stem goes into the movement. Just gentaly screw it in and that should solve it.

That's great, glad to hear you fixed it. :clap2: I know you feel proud!

I had the same problem, I just wish I'd of found this forum prior to my attempt of fixing mine. Mine ended up in pieces and will now need to go to somebody to put it back together - It's somewhere around 3 yrs old so I think it's worth putting back together and serviced. Actually it's half way apart so I started the service :rolleyes:

My wife kept telling me I didn't know what I was doing but did I listen.... nooo. I hate when that happens. I still get a good chuckle out of it though. Sad but funny :D

Thanks Ziggy and SSurfer but this is a simple problem, some times i read these problems and just wait to here what Ziggy says and learn from that, 2 year ago the only thing i would never take apart was a watch, cars, bikes and guns yep but a watch Noooooooo way! but since reading this board i have repaired my own vintage omega, a vintage 1940s invicta bumper and built 2 complete watches, i just like to help others with what i have learned here.