When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Variances Of Offerings..

Chinese, Taiwan, Thailand, and Malaysia are all turning out unique product,

and that's not even mentioning MBW or WM, now Davidsen or DW..

Take the Taiwan Best Sub,..Deep rehaut,.. deep-dish caseback..

Chinese...Thinner case, but better date wheel alignment...

How about Thailand.. Correct CG's, perfectly aligned faces, centered date wheels ?

Is this a question of different factories within China which sell to different regions, or

are there independent manufacturers within each country, or is it, parts dealers that

are dispursing their wares and altering according to differing demands ?

Can we build a map ?

Folks, wow - that is good information. As a newbie - I can tell you it is really hard putting this infromation all togethor. Especially when many times you do not know where the stuff comes from. It would be really nice if all this info were better organized...... THanks for the great start....

I'm pretty sure that his original comment came from our old RWG forum. Someone was complaining about some flaws and Paul exclaimed that "all relicas are the same". I beleive he was implying that all replicas are just that - replicas. They will all have inherent flaws and we should embrace their uniqueness.

I'm pretty sure that his original comment came from our old RWG forum. Someone was complaining about some flaws and Paul exclaimed that "all relicas are the same". I beleive he was implying that all replicas are just that - replicas. They will all have inherent flaws and we should embrace their uniqueness.

I agree.. I believe that's what Paul was trying to say with his encrypted vicabulary :)

Yes, this comment came from the other forum, and sent an echo through some buying decisions

for long time after.

In discussions about Taiwan Subs,.{which had a higher price tag, due to different cases ect..}

Paul posted, that no matter where you buy,... you are going to end up with the same merchandise

so why pay more ?

Well, The variances are there, depending upon where they are shipped from.

So unless someone can show me where this was done in the past...

I think it would be helpful to build a map, so to speak of the layout of

replica offerings... Am I wrong ?

I can't do this alone however... I'm no accuracy expert and I don't own more than four

makes of watches...

Has anyone noticed variances in lines from dealer to dealer ?

If so,.. what have you seen ?

Thanks... ^_^