When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer bezel a bit loose

jeroen1985

ive got the same problem with my Bentley Chrono T. Someone must have messed around with one of these before. I would just like to hear some thoughts on this before i try to pry the bezel off the watch... I'm sure the Navi and my Bentley have bezels of similar construction...

Anyone been down this road before?

Lonnie

Been there, Done that.

On the Navitimer you need to remove the caseback and movement & dial, push out the crystal from the inside, lift out the white sliderule scale and this will reveal 3 or 4 (can't remember which) small screws that hold the outer SS bezel in place. These must be loose if the whole thing is moving sideways. Tighten them and use 'Locktite' and you should be OK. If you've got this far, putting it all back again should be obvious.

Been there, Done that.

On the Navitimer you need to remove the caseback and movement & dial, push out the crystal from the inside, lift out the white sliderule scale and this will reveal 3 or 4 (can't remember which) small screws that hold the outer SS bezel in place. These must be loose if the whole thing is moving sideways. Tighten them and use 'Locktite' and you should be OK. If you've got this far, putting it all back again should be obvious.

ALERT...ALERT...DAUNTING MECHANICAL TASKS!!!!!!!

Let me see...just how many of these have I screwed up in my watch destroying career??? Let's take them one at a time.

Removing the caseback...yeah...even with duct tape or a rubber glove and caution, I've managed to mar a caseback and certainly I have screwed up marginally machined threads on closure.

Removing the crown and stem from the keyless works...yeah...this is my most consistant offense in watch destruction...Ziggy was amazed at what I managed to do with just a toothpick to a 2824 KW.

Releasing the movement from the case by removing the retaining ring screws and then...reassembling the sucker correctly without losing the screws in the movement. yeah...that's a tough one.

Pushing out the crystal...ha!!!!!! snap.....Putting it back in....ha ha ha ha ha . and some people only worry about fingerprints and dust. They are amazing!

Using Loctite on screws I can barely see without seizing half the free moving parts on the watch...tough one

I have Ziggy's address memorized and I'm probably helping to send his kids to college but...no more destroyed watches for me!

yeah i have become a master at wrecking keyless works no matter how careful i am... i'm about to make another donation to The Zigmeisters kids college in a couple weeks LOL. I finally made a 1.2 mm screwdriver especially to release stems now... so hopefully i dont wreck any more movements LOL

Lonnie