When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Picture guide: Refinishing an Omega Bond Bracelet/Endlinks

NaviChief

Continuing my revival of the used SMP chrono I picked up includes a reworking of the dulled endlinks. I had seen a tutorial awhile ago on a gen forum about reworking the Bond bracelet. I wish I knew where I had seen it so I could link to it, but thanks to that original poster for the idea. That post went alot further than what I did here.

First off, this is what I started with, notice all the links have blended together....

3384010_de5cca15c3_o.jpg

Now, certain links need to be highly polished while the rest remain brushed. The answer to this is to mark off the rest with tape, so you can use the dremel to polish the heck out of exactly what you want. I used duct tape after finding out that masking tape moved and rubbed away too quickly.

3384012_8ef222c027_o.jpg

3384013_566d22d67e_o.jpg

Once you have anything in place, use the polish of your choice. The red polishing compound in a dremel kit probably works best, but is very messy. Also, I used a dremel with a polishing head. USE A DREMEL AT YOUR OWN RISK, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES WITHIN 10 FEET OF A BELOVED WATCH . I angled the head so just the edge was hitting the link. Even being extremely careful, flecks of the tape wore away. Check fairly often to make sure you aren't getting too far into a brushed area. Check out how much black the dremel pulled off, after this bracelet had already been polished by hand at least 3 times before.

3384421_c4920a4041_o.jpg

Here is the final results. Much better in person then I can perhaps show in pictures. All in all it takes an hour or so, mostly because of cutting the small strips of tape and placing them. I found using tweezers to place and smooth the tape worked much better than fingers.

3384017_d2333022f5_o.jpg

3384020_7395d4d781_o.jpg

The same idea can be used down the whole bracelet with great results, but that is a job for another day. :D

Edited by chief3630