When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Using Fleabay wannabe sub for project?

trance220

The cyclops is off center, but really the crystal's not too bad. magnification looks the same as my trusty sub. I'm going to have to re-position the cyclops if I keep it. Has the crown etched at 6. I'm just wondering now what my options are for a dial. I need to get a dial, bracelet, crown (the tube looks like it would fit a gen), and different insert. I'm partial towards an older style sub, but not sure what would work for this setup. Or if a plexi would even fit the case. I have a couple of weeks to decide (next payday)... The bracelet looks like it could work. Old style end links, needs to have the center links brushed and a Rolex clasp installed. The movement is some sort of asian automatic, the beat frequency is pretty close to the ETA copy in my trusty sub. Old style date overlay with open numbers....

Trance, it sounds like you got a better case than I did. Did yours come from Timeholder in Hong Kong, or that other guy that charges $65 postage?

I doubt putting a plastic crystal on there would work, because you need the outside retaining ring to hold the crystal down and to hold the bezel. Your crown and tube are rep, so a gen crown won't fit on the rep tube.

My cyclops is off-center also! But I don't see a crown at 6- will have to check again.

Mine came from Timeholders. As far as the complete assembled watch that arrived, yeah it was pretty cheesy.. but the case itself looks identical to my trusty sub. Crystal is nice except for cyclops position. I already put a tiny little chip in it though.. no serial numbers, but that's not a big issue for me.. the bezel's not the greatest, it's too shiny. Wonder if I can brush finish it or something..