When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Take care when fitting an SS bracelet

TeeJay

O man, this s&%#ks!! I hope you can have it repaired. But I'm glad you realise there's more to life than PAMs or reps in general... :icon_sadangel2::icon_sadangel2:

Well, I was a tad concerned when it stopped working after I blew on it, and, when I took my 2531.80 in for repair, they replaced the entire movement rather than fixing what should have been, a minor adjustment or repair (I'd done something while trying to regulate it, but nothing heavy-handed, just moved the beat and regulating arms) if that's their approach in this case, then this watch might have to 'take one for the team', and get replaced... Absolutely, they're just the sugar-coating, but hey, I've still got my Omegas to make me feel like a Big Man ;):lol:

Teejay,

That's a real shame to see your nice new toy all smashed, but I reckon it's served some purpose in it's short life (if it is indeed beyond 'economic' repair), by convincing others (myself included) that a bracelet looks brilliant on a 111h. :D

prof

(from Blade Runner)

The light that burns twice as brightly burns half as long...

Or something along that line ;)

Fingers crossed, it will be repairable, I can't imagine that glass dust would be that damaging that a stripdown and cleaning of the movement wouldn't restore it :)

(from Blade Runner)

The light that burns twice as brightly burns half as long...

Or something along that line ;)

Fingers crossed, it will be repairable, I can't imagine that glass dust would be that damaging that a stripdown and cleaning of the movement wouldn't restore it :)

To continue in that theme,

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Sorry, couldn't resist, one of my fave's :D

To continue in that theme,

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Sorry, couldn't resist, one of my fave's :D

Probably my all-time favorite film. Can't wait till I can aquire one of the handguns for my collection B)

Oh my goodness that is terrifying.

I feel so bad for you. You are not alone, my Day-Date broke the other day... nothing even remotely this bizarre or serious... but still renders it unwearable, so I can imagine how disappointed and frustrated you are.

Devastating.

Infuriating.

and

Unacceptable.

Oh my goodness that is terrifying.

I feel so bad for you. You are not alone, my Day-Date broke the other day... nothing even remotely this bizarre or serious... but still renders it unwearable, so I can imagine how disappointed and frustrated you are.

Devastating.

Infuriating.

and

Unacceptable.

I guess that's the power of flying stainless steel and gravity...

What happened to the Day-Date?

I have to admit, I'm a little surprized myself at how well I'm taking it. I guess it's because I had another watch I really love that I could put on, and the knowledge that the PAM can either be repaired, replaced with an identical model, or, most likely, just rendered redundant when my 127 arrives. I figure why stress over a watch that might onlyhave 7 days more 'regular' wrist time...

What happened to the Day-Date?

See my eloquently titled thread here;

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?act=fi...&pid=328894

I have since calmed down, but I know what it feels like believe me... it's like you never wear a watch and don't plan on wearing it until it breaks, then you want to wear it all the time. Typical human psychology - always want what can't have!

See my eloquently titled thread here;

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?act=fi...&pid=328894

I have since calmed down, but I know what it feels like believe me... it's like you never wear a watch and don't plan on wearing it until it breaks, then you want to wear it all the time. Typical human psychology - always want what can't have!

Ahh. Hopefully a correctable malfunction :) Indeed, that's definitely typical psychology :)

I can only imagine the feeling if one would drop a $10,000 gen and have it smash.

My friends think I'm a jerk because I seldom do anything for myself.

Whether it be opening a caseback, sizing a bracelet or getting on a ladder. It's just not worth the risk.

To be honest, I think it'd be a comparable feeling. If someone can afford the $10,000 for the gen, they could afford the cost of a replacement case-back. Similarly, the cost of the repairs doesn't concern me in terms of amount, it's just a case of if it would be cheaper (always my favorite option :lol: ) to buy a replacement watch rather than obtain a replacement caseback and the cost of repairs. To be honest, although the watch quickly became one of my favorites, it held no sentimental value, as it was just 'a watch I'd bought'. My Omegas, on the other hand, were bought with inheritance money, so have sentimental value, as will the 127 my fiance has bought as my birthday present next week (should arrive the day after my birthday). She was going to buy it as my christmas present (so it would have equally had sentimental value) but following what happened, moved the schedule forward, so is buying it now :) I'd be way more upset about damaging a watch with sentimental value than one which was simply 'a purchase'.

Edited by TeeJay