When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM027 with ETA 2892-A2

dadog13

Hey guys...

I know that some of you have been looking for this wonderful piece, one of the legendary PAM reps, the 027 with genuine ETA 2892-A2 movement - not the asian copy...and as you may know this reps was since April this year (maybe even before) discounted...I got one of the last pieces from EL...other dealers couldn't source it anymore...BUT I just saw a post from River who says that it has the LAST PIECES IN STOCK found in the General Managers drawer of the rep factory where they have been produced...he totally forgot them and they have just found them yesterday...WOW!!! -I am kidding a little bit in this last line... :lol:

go and check River's post on TRC where he put them for sale...I know, I know, they are expensive (690$) but I can assure (if you have the $$$) they are worth!!!

And if you are a buyer there is another subtlety. Is the movement rotor and spacer properly engraved/perlaged and drilled. Only the initial Honpo 150 issue had those. That is the ultimate rarity. Change the date wheel and cyclops, relume in tritium and you have a fabulous rep. :D The 2892/3's are all classics.

Is the movement rotor ... properly engraved

Kruzer, doesn't it come with the "OFFICNE" spell on the rotor?

Kruzer, doesn't it came with the "OFFICNE" spell on the rotor?

the one that I have is engraved just like sssurfer says...I have never heard of the lot that had it correctly engraved rotor...but on the other hand, W is more an expert on this that I am...so maybe there was a correct engraved rotor in the very first beginning...

Here is all I can say:

If you can find a 2892-A2 with correct engraving on the rotor, JUMP ON IT!

I already spent waaay more than 1000$ on my 028, and too much money on reps in the last few months, these are the only reasons for me not to jump on one of these right after a confirmation.

The 2892-A2 PAM 027 is a model that, datewheel and cyclops modded, even a Paneristi cannot tell from a gen other than opening the case. And if with a correct "OFFICINE" text engraved on the rotor, a rep that cannot be told at all!

A model with the best movement around (according to The Zigmeister), PR indication (the only really useful complication in my personal opinion), made in just 500 pieces (a true collectors' piece)!... Slurp!... :wub:

On the other hand, if those last pieces have the usual incorrect "OFFICNE" engraving on the rotor, they still make for an investment to consider. In the end, my 028 is the only PAM that I would even wear on a 'risti party...

Sorry about that guys I was making a different point. You are right that all the engraved movements are missing the "i". What I was referring to was the fact that not all of the 2892 A-2 Power Reserves have the engraved movement. If you have an individually numbered 27 over #100 you are likely to find that there is no engraving. Apparently they ran out of engraved movements after the initial two runs which I believe totaled somewhere below 100. :D