When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black ETA SMP--will it fit gen hands?

hendrixelixir

I am considering getting a Black SMP (2254). The He valve placement doesn't bother me too much, and I plan to buy the gen hands from ofrei and have it superlumed to get the torch effect. It will be pretty accurate after that, I think. Do the hands fit for sure?

Also, I didn't know that ETA was pronounced "etta." Weird.

The hands look short compared to the gen, which is why I want to replace them.

Get the gen hands....they just look better...no scratches and superb lume...and get the gen dial if you want the perfect torch effect. A gen dial is 150 and will fit perfectly in the SMP with ETA....even cheaper if you search on ebay.

bosk

There are obviously different versions of the black SMP. I also have a gen and use the rep as a beater. Mine (from PT) has the correct He valve position and correct length hands. Both the dial and hands have better lume than most other reps but the gen really does glow like a torch. The major weakness is the total lack of AR - more noticable than the Bond SMP, possibly because of the black dial.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the ETA too, and am going to get gen hands, because mine are short, but the rest of the watch is very nice.

I'd like to get A/R done---what's involved in that? Can a local watchmaker do it, is it a big deal, or expensive??

Thanks for any input.

Guys, do the gen hands fit the rep SMP Chrono ? The asian 7750 28800 movement?

Thanks