When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cousteau Lume

rogerthat

For those that own either the 2006 or 2007 model:

Has anyone relumed or had this watch relumed?

Know any modder offeringthis service for the CD?

Assuming no to above, are you happy with the existing lume?, I guess the bezel lume is what I am primarily interested in, the existing lume on the dial markers and hands seems to be quite good for a rep.

Cheers,

M

That is a great job on the lume by hand....probably not possible to do better!

but on that note.....

I see the same problem here as I do with the PAM sausage dial relumes.

It looks bumpy and sloppy upclose in the daytime on details. The human hand cannot do with the machine does here.

I have never seen a PAM sausage dial relume that looked close to gen but I have seen ones that were very impressive and amazing for hand.

I would rather have the tight clean dial and no glow.

Anyone else notice this?

Chad

When you're tired of that beauty, sell it to me!!! ;)

@ slai,

Great picture, glad you like the results, I am happy as well, enjoy.

That is a great job on the lume by hand....probably not possible to do better!

but on that note.....

I see the same problem here as I do with the PAM sausage dial relumes.

It looks bumpy and sloppy upclose in the daytime on details. The human hand cannot do with the machine does here.

I have never seen a PAM sausage dial relume that looked close to gen but I have seen ones that were very impressive and amazing for hand.

I would rather have the tight clean dial and no glow.

Anyone else notice this?

Chad

Well I think your mistaken, at this magnification it looks quite good to me...now stand back from your monitor, far enough so that the watch on your wrist is the same size as this watch, and tell me if you see "bumpy and sloppyness"... unless of course your superman and have x-ray eyes... This shot is magnified a lot more than you can see with your eyes.

33.jpg

As for sausage lume looking the same, sorry pal, you must be referring to someone other than me, this is the quality of my lume, too lumpy and sloppy for you? I can and do the same on any sausage dialed PAM.

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

RG

I would send my watches out right now for relume and service if you were taking appts......

So do not take offense.

I was not referring to you at all but you cannot disagree that there have been some terrible lume jobs posted on here through the years especally on pams.

Like I said before it is an amazing job on the cousteau.

@ slai,

Well I think your mistaken, at this magnification it looks quite good to me...now stand back from your monitor, far enough so that the watch on your wrist is the same size as this watch, and tell me if you see "bumpy and sloppyness"... unless of course your superman and have x-ray eyes... This shot is magnified a lot more than you can see with your eyes.

33.jpg

As for sausage lume looking the same, sorry pal, you must be referring to someone other than me, this is the quality of my lume, too lumpy and sloppy for you? I can and do the same on any sausage dialed PAM.

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

RG

@ slai,

Some say his eyes glow like Superluminova C3...

Some say his head only turns in one direction when he swims...

We simply know him as The Zigmeister

cdwristlume.jpg

(I hope someone picks up the Top Gear Stig reference) :D

WOW, that is impressive I will say

Some say his eyes glow like Superluminova C3...

Some say his head only turns in one direction when he swims...

We simply know him as The Zigmeister

cdwristlume.jpg

(I hope someone picks up the Top Gear Stig reference) :D

I have just got my sausage dial 111F back from The Zigmeister for the lume job and other mods. The result is nothing more than spectacular....Sorry, no pics yet.

I have seen other lume jobs on sausage dial and they are not even close to The Zigmeister's.

Pal?

I'm sorry, but are we not allowed to be critical of RG's work on this forum? The gentleman quoted above stated rightly that it's extremely difficult to relume any dial, and to make it look as smooth and even as a machine is near impossible. This makes it all the more amazing that RG was able to relume the cousteau bezel so well. But Slai's concerns and criticisms are fair and constructive, and do not warrant being lashed out at and being put on the defense.

Yea, I did not appreciate the whole "pal" thing but no big deal.

I did give the guy like 3 compliments and have praised his work in the forums before.

Guess I hit a sore spot.

Pal?

I'm sorry, but are we not allowed to be critical of RG's work on this forum? The gentleman quoted above stated rightly that it's extremely difficult to relume any dial, and to make it look as smooth and even as a machine is near impossible. This makes it all the more amazing that RG was able to relume the cousteau bezel so well. But Slai's concerns and criticisms are fair and constructive, and do not warrant being lashed out at and being put on the defense.