When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Seawolf Titanium

coffeegeek

Hi,

I just received a beautiful watch from one of our very friendly dealers. I will leave him anonymous, because I don't believe this is his fault. It seems all current reps of this watch will have the same problem. It's the Breitling Aeromarine Avenger Seawolf Titanium. It looks great, feels great, and even makes my huge wrists look girly.

BUT...

What look like screws around the bezel are actually just decorative pieces that press in. There is no thread in the bezel for them to screw in to, and they are more like rivets or pins.

How do I know this? See below:

pin2.jpgpin1.jpg

Definitely NOT screws!

pin3.jpgpin4.jpg

VERY DISAPPOINTING. :cry:

I have been in touch with the dealer, and he said "The Maker of this watch informed me that the Bezel screws at the side is all inserted with some glue applied to keep it stayed on. Thats all it works for this replica. What you can do is to insert the screw with super glue and it should be fine."

He offered to find me a bezel assembly, but I fear it'll be the same glued together junk. This was not a cheap rep. Over US$300.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Apart from prying ALL the others out to glue them back in properly... :(

Thanks,

Coffeegeek

Edited by coffeegeek

Why would they need to be screws?

You did not say how you discovered that these were not screws. Did one fall out? or did you try and unscrew them and found out they were glued in place...

This is totally normal for a replica watch, it is after all a replica. The fact that they are not screws, does not affect anything, they are cosmetic only, and it's normal to have this and many other parts of the watch "look" the part, but not actually function as the real watch does.

As long as they are glued in place, I see nothing wrong with this. There is no reason to ever remove them.

RG

Search the internet for "Permabond 910".

This is a glue that is used in manufacturing that is spicifically made for bonding metal. It can be purchased in a 1oz. bottle.

Believe me, this is as permanent as it gets. It will bond almost instantly and it will not let go.

Thanks for the advice. How I found out is one of them was out about 0.75mm. So I grabbed a small screwdriver to screw it back in. It just kept on turning, and I thought it had a stripped thread. Then it fell out completely. On closer inspection, I noticed a few of them were loose.

I will get some permabond 910. Sounds like a good idea.

As far as just putting up because it's a replica, below is an older replica case, where the threaded hole is quite clear. Seems like a step backwards to glue these parts on...

correctthread.jpg

(Thanks to hxxp://www.replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24731&highlight=screws+bezel+breitling for the source pic)

Thanks again for your advice. I might post a WTB for a titanium bezel that has real screws (anyone?), and in the meantime get some permabond.

Coffeegeek

The only constant on reps, is change...just when you think you have one thing figured out, they change it...just when you see a certain movement or quality of a certain watch, they change it...

It's part of the fun (if you can call it that) of collecting these watches, you never know exactly what your going to get.

RG

As far as just putting up because it's a replica, below is an older replica case, where the threaded hole is quite clear. Seems like a step backwards to glue these parts on...

correctthread.jpg

(Thanks to hxxp://www.replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24731&highlight=screws+bezel+breitling for the source pic)

The picture you referenced is from a Ti Avenger that came from a different factory. It didn't take a step back, it is simply a completely different watch.