When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling BlackBird question (New model)

gtd

There seems to be a large variation between individual watches, some of the pearls aren't so badly centred.

this is true.. my collector is trying to procure new tabs for me and a better centered pearl .. the genuine pics do show a slight gap between the tabs and the bezel but my 5 at the 6 oclock is offcenter and the gap is too open on the left side of the tab as is the pearl tab ... he advised that I send the entire watch back .. but so that it is a win, win situation i requested he try the tabs first.. the makers are the ones that hold all the cards...

a quick note here about the blackbird -- i emailed angus about this to see if he could source me a blackbird that didn't have this issue (or at least was "better" than the ones i've seen posted here), and he wrote back indicating that he discussed this flaw with the makers to see if they could make a new run of the 12:00 tab, and they were unwilling to do so, saying that 80% of the market is OK with this flaw.

however, after seeing a pic of a member's gen skyland that appeared to have a similarly off-centered 12:00 tab (it very well could be due to the angle of the pics, but it sure looked off center to me), i'm thinking of giving the blackbird a shot....

hope this was helpful,

deltatahoe

Recently I had the opportunity to purchase a gen bezel as a jeweler friend of mine had a customer who purchased one but wanted a diamond bezel (crazy stockbroker types!), but looks like to me that the bezel on the rep is a tough cookie to remove. Anyone had success in removing it yet?