When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New BL EVO Graphite Dial

lanikai

I actually like the graphite dial on the BL Evo over the blackbird,

the tabs are spot on straight... the pearl is dead center.......Mmmmm .. are you thinking what I am.. is this the same meker as the BB.. and how is your collector at getting "parts" .. looks like the same type of tab (pearl) as the BB

I think it's a combination of the stick markers with the numeraled sub dials that do it for me .. and the silver rings that surround the dials.. along with the polished case and bently like bracelet..

dial colour is ash/black ... i like it..

post-2172-1192587842_thumb.jpg

Aloha,

Randall

Only complaint is the center rings shiould be engraved deeper into the dial and the date doesnt fill the box...besides that its 1:1

I have a gen BCE and also a rep BCE, and the dial on the rep is not 1:1 if by "1:1" you mean perfectly duplicated. It's close, but not identical. On the gen dial, the ticks around the 15 minute marks (1 minute, 14 minutes, 16 minutes, 29 minutes, 31 minutes, 44 minutes, 46 minutes, 59 minutes) are shorter than the other ticks. On the rep, they are all the same length. This is easy to spot and an instant tell if you know to look for it. Also, the numbers on the subdials are too fat on the rep. In fact, all the print on the dial is finer on the gen than on the rep. The rep looks good by itself, but next to the gen it's quite obvious that the dial is better quality on the gen.

I know I'm being nit-picky, and it is indeed a very good rep, but the idea that you can't tell the difference is just not true.

sometimes the best that can happen is that the said rep is "very' close to the genuine... if we put every rep under the scope there will be flaws... that's why it is called a rep... and that's why we have modders and members that produce Date Wheels etc.. just my .02 ... and it's Ok to nit pick.. that way we gather information.. attention to detail is "all good"

Congrats on your new evo... Looks very very nice!! :)

May I ask you where did you get in from? because I'm about to buy one from myself lol

thank you .. got it from Perfect C., Joshua

nice toy on your avatar.. I got to "play' with a ferrari riva for a year... not to great in hawaii unless the water was glass.. surface cavitation screws.. made for the Med. ... still it was fun

thank you .. got it from Perfect C., Joshua

nice toy on your avatar.. I got to "play' with a ferrari riva for a year... not to great in hawaii unless the water was glass.. surface cavitation screws.. made for the Med. ... still it was fun

Thanks for your response :)

I'd really like to own one of those dream water vehicles lol... Have fun in Hawaii!!

I have a gen BCE and also a rep BCE, and the dial on the rep is not 1:1 if by "1:1" you mean perfectly duplicated. It's close, but not identical. On the gen dial, the ticks around the 15 minute marks (1 minute, 14 minutes, 16 minutes, 29 minutes, 31 minutes, 44 minutes, 46 minutes, 59 minutes) are shorter than the other ticks. On the rep, they are all the same length. This is easy to spot and an instant tell if you know to look for it. Also, the numbers on the subdials are too fat on the rep. In fact, all the print on the dial is finer on the gen than on the rep. The rep looks good by itself, but next to the gen it's quite obvious that the dial is better quality on the gen.

I know I'm being nit-picky, and it is indeed a very good rep, but the idea that you can't tell the difference is just not true.

I have the same graphite BCE and let me tell you, there are much more obvious tell signs. For instance, the red 'Automatic' writing is way too bright on the rep. On the rep it is sort of red/ orange where the gen is deeper red. Second the subdial markings on the gen are all silverish. This way, when the light hits the subdials in a certain way the numbers look dull but when the light hits them directly they look more crisp (like our reps) because the silver markings reflect the light. When it comes to the dial these are the two most obvious flaws IMO......

My 0.02

Edited by Rolexman

My definition of 1:1 is 98% close to the original as Ive said before.....besides the franken-reps there are no 100% copies that I know of and I did own the current Big Bang etc.

Also, regarding the ticks at 1, 14, 16, 29 minutes....some seem to be short while others are sporadically left long...do you have the newest ultimate dial?

Edited by CY0811

• 2 weeks later...