When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think I'm falling in love...

a german in denmark

:rolleyes: I have had my Pam 092 Arktos Ultimate for some time now. Though it has advantages over the old model, it also has flaws (terrible CG, flimsy bezel...). Here's what I did: CG from the old Arktos onto the new (had to swap levers) and (best of all) got rid of the rubber strap and mounted a BOB gator. The strap was originally tobacco brown, I dyed it black. What a difference. :wub:

Quick wrist::

ArktosUltimateonBOBGator.jpg

ArktosUltimateonBOBGatorDpl.jpg

Light Box:

ArktosUltimateonBOBGatorLH2.jpg

ArktosUltimateonBOBGatorLH1.jpg

ArktosUltimateonBOBGatorLH.jpg

What think you?

Cheers.

PS.: there's still the flimsy bezel, what can I do?

:rolleyes: I have had my Pam 092 Arktos Ultimate for some time now. Though it has advantages over the old model, it also has flaws (terrible CG, flimsy bezel...). Here's what I did: CG from the old Arktos onto the new (had to swap levers) and (best of all) got rid of the rubber strap and mounted a BOB gator. The strap was originally tobacco brown, I dyed it black. What a difference. :wub:

Quick wrist::

ArktosUltimateonBOBGator.jpg

ArktosUltimateonBOBGatorDpl.jpg

Light Box:

ArktosUltimateonBOBGatorLH2.jpg

ArktosUltimateonBOBGatorLH1.jpg

ArktosUltimateonBOBGatorLH.jpg

What think you?

Cheers.

PS.: there's still the flimsy bezel, what can I do?

How nice it is to admit it, without blushing. Cherise The Love (Cool and the Gang) ;)

One of my favorite dive watches too!

I've been contemplating on how I can fix the bezel so that it's not loose. I think it's been tried before, but I can't find the thread.

Please share any "tips and tricks" on this bezel fix if you have any...Thanks!

I love that you LOVE your Arktos! It's great to fall in love with a watch, coup de foudre or slowly. :)

As for DYEING your strap, wow. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I once tried to follow Sssurfer's excellent tips on dyeing PAM strap threads here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=9148&hl=

And I used a pricey Dirk Nubuck. Ay! I had to stop. Turned out horribly. What a dunce.

How I wish I had your skills!

The 092 is one of my faves. I wore mine almost daily for over a year. Surprisingly works with a lot of different straps.

The only thing loose on my Arktos was the bezel. I think they all suffer from that. I wonder why the Arktos has this problem but my 187 clicks like a gen.