When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Running Fast.............

I've just got my titanium Breitling Chrono Avenger with asian 7750 movement. Lovely looking watch, functional chronograph - and it feels quality. The only issue I have with is it that it is running incredibly fast (in my opinion) - it gains 20 seconds per hour.

I know that movements settle down - I have a Sub with ETA from PT and that ran fast to start with and then settled down. But it was never this fast.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've just got my titanium Breitling Chrono Avenger with asian 7750 movement. Lovely looking watch, functional chronograph - and it feels quality. The only issue I have with is it that it is running incredibly fast (in my opinion) - it gains 20 seconds per hour.

I know that movements settle down - I have a Sub with ETA from PT and that ran fast to start with and then settled down. But it was never this fast.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'd love to help you, but I am a newbie myself, and starting to learn about the different movements.

I'm far from an expert, but my experience with watches that have run that fast has been that they have somehow gotten magnetized. My watches that are fast when new and eventually settle down have never been more tha 15-20 seconds fast a day, not an hour?

Most watchmakers have a machine that will de-magnetize a watch that's been magnetized and will do it pretty cheaply :)

I agree w/longshot

Either the hairspring has become magnetized or possibly two coils stuck together.

A demag at a local watchmaker will do the trick.

I have three rep's, ETA and they have all been regulated at +/- 4 seconds a day.

Hope you get her fixed soon!

TXJB