When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black SMP with correct length hands

hendrixelixir

Hi all,

Looking for a black ETA SMP (2254) with the correct length hands. None of the dealers I'm looking at have it. Planning to have the dial/hands superlumed, which is cheaper than going gen hands/dial, which will run about 190 or so. Might be worth it, though. You guys know where I can get one?

----------------

I couldn't find it. I eventually bought the ETA version from Josh and am now buying gen hands and face to install, which should be the best, I guess, but expensive.

I also bought the $108 21J version Andrew sells, and that is an excellent bargain version, with good lume, correct hand length and a/r on crystal. Also--the pringing/numbe size on the bezel of the $108 version is more accurate. The movement feels very solid so far, and has been very accurate. I've been wearing it for 2 weeks while deciding what to do on the ETA, and getting the info/confidence to install the hands/dial myself (which I'm going to do).

good luck--and let me know what you find--

Riff

Edited by riffram

Here you go--on the right is my ETA now featuring gen face and gen hands, which I istalled this week--so you can use that as a reference. The origional rep hands are well made, but just as short as they look in the dealer photos. Still, the watch is nice and very solid--runs great.

On the right is a 21J purchased form Andrew recently for $108--Hands are virtually right on in length, face is pretty good, although markers are more green in daylight than the gen, and markets are--as you can see here--a bit too large, especially at 12.

dscn0074nu6.jpg

here is a better shot of the ETA, so you can really see the correct hands and face.

proj0003kb9.jpg

Edited by riffram