When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP Chrono hand replacement?

dastrix

The swap of a New Asian 7750 to Swiss ETA 7750 is not a straight swap because of the hands. Both seconds hands need to be replaced as well as the center second tube.

I'm not sure of the dial.

Ok, so hands, movement and tube? Crown is fine?

The Dial will fit no problem but the hands will be a problem.

The hour and minute hands are ok but the subdial hands and center chrono hand will not fit due to the different size of New Asian movement and ETA.

The Zigmeister can overcome this though if necessary.

Other than that the ETA will fit fine, Asian stem and crown will fit no problem.

I will be doing this swap myself as my Asian movement just broke. Its one of the new style Asian movements with nice engraving, blue screws as well as the rotor being engraved 'Omega 3035', or something.

But its the dirtiest movement ive seen, dirt and RUST, yes rust in the movement, really bad!

The Dial will fit no problem but the hands will be a problem.

The hour and minute hands are ok but the subdial hands and center chrono hand will not fit due to the different size of New Asian movement and ETA.

The Zigmeister can overcome this though if necessary.

Other than that the ETA will fit fine, Asian stem and crown will fit no problem.

I will be doing this swap myself as my Asian movement just broke. Its one of the new style Asian movements with nice engraving, blue screws as well as the rotor being engraved 'Omega 3035', or something.

But its the dirtiest movement ive seen, dirt and RUST, yes rust in the movement, really bad!

Thanks ajoesmith, great info. Ok, well sounds like new hands all round for the watch. I'm stilling waiting for a ebay seller to confirm a good gen dial he can source me...

Do you know if the rotor will just go on the ETA movement from the asian? Dnt really want an undecorated rotor in the watch..

Thanks ajoesmith, great info. Ok, well sounds like new hands all round for the watch. I'm stilling waiting for a ebay seller to confirm a good gen dial he can source me...

Do you know if the rotor will just go on the ETA movement from the asian? Dnt really want an undecorated rotor in the watch..

Yes the rotor will fit fine i think.

Can someone confirm this?