When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Sensible Advice

Finepics

It has come to my attention that some of you are very quick to lodge a complaint with PP when a deal has not gone quite right. Please only complain to PP as an absolute last resort. All the dealers that list here will sort out any problems if you let them know as soon as it occurs. They might need some time to obtain a replacement part etc so be patient. If you do complain to PP this usually results in the dealers account being suspended which could have a negative impact on other members transactions with the dealer concerned. Also dealers can only have a limited number of PP accounts and too many complaints might result in that dealer being unable to offer PP, despite PP's problems, for those of us who find it easier to use.

Remember that the dealers are the ones that take a lot of risk as this whole business is against the law and without them we would be unable to pursue our love of these things.

Personally, and it's just my two cents, but I think dealers should limit new transactions with new buyers to other methods of payment, and reserve the PP option for their more regular customers whom they have repeat business with. This helps offset the risk of having PP complaints from the first time newb who only cares about purchasing one watch. I say this as not everyone has the dealer's or other purchaser's (and forum member's) best interests in mind.

There should be a sticky like this...a "READ THIS FIRST" post or something with all this basic stuff. Or maybe there is and I just haven't spotted it. :p

Nobody is born knowing this stuff.

Edited by groobash