When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about 5218 201a

rnewbie

Not an expert, but from what I recall the gen has neither a sandwich nor sausage dial... something intermediate.

The dial is a sandwich dial with the indices lume-filled and a satin varnish finish over it.... The DSN dial is incorrect.. sausage dial... If he makes a sandwich dial version.. I will get it and mod it..

Kai

The dial is a sandwich dial with the indices lume-filled and a satin varnish finish over it.... The DSN dial is incorrect.. sausage dial... If he makes a sandwich dial version.. I will get it and mod it..

Kai

Looking at the pics, his most current version has a sandwich dial.

Looking at the pics, his most current version has a sandwich dial.

Hi..

I made a mistake... DSN does make them in sandwich dial... and I did buy one to mod it.. For some reason..I thought you were referring to the 218A dial... (Slytech dial). Damn!! I must be going senile... Sorry..

Kai

Hi..

I made a mistake... DSN does make them in sandwich dial... and I did buy one to mod it.. For some reason..I thought you were referring to the 218A dial... (Slytech dial). Damn!! I must be going senile... Sorry..

Kai

No problem.... So to make sure I got this right. I'll need to have the indices lume-filled and a satin varnish finish over it to make it look closer to the gen.

The genuine 5218/201A dial has the numbers and batons engraved into a brass dial, then lumed and the indices are filled with varnish, almost flush with the dial surface.

An accurately cut sandwich dial could be modded to give a very good visual effect of the original dial but Davidsen

The genuine 5218/201A dial has the numbers and batons engraved into a brass dial, then lumed and the indices are filled with varnish, almost flush with the dial surface.

An accurately cut sandwich dial could be modded to give a very good visual effect of the original dial but Davidsen