When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Finished Pressing Another Crystal!

Hello fellow watch addicts!

Did this for M3Vert. His original crystal shattered for no reason. Seems to be a common problem on the 47mm reps. So he sourced the new Davidsen AR Sapphire crystal and shipped it all to me for the labor. He said his local watch repair guy didn't have the proper tools to complete the job. I replaced mine a few weeks before so I figured "why not, I'll help him out and get some experience!" I did this job for free, (well actually the member tipped anyway! :) ) but I'm considering taking odd jobs like this every now (for cheap fees of course) to help get some more experience! Watch out RBJ and The Zigmeister.....LOL!

Looks very nice Mr. Davidsen, keep these quality parts coming! I've got one of these sapphire crystals from Davidsen, but bought before the AR version was released. I must admit, it's a very nice touch!.

Comments more than welcome!

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

57274-35285.jpg

57274-35286.jpg

57274-35287.jpg

57274-35288.jpg

nice thumbs :D

What is it with watchsmiths and thumbs ? :lol:

Must be gouging and damaging them removing spring bars... :rolleyes:

Gotta give a thumbs up :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What is it with watchsmiths and thumbs ? :lol:

Must be gouging and damaging them removing spring bars... :rolleyes:

Gotta give a thumbs up :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Actually if you really want to know. :brow: I'm a car stereo installer by trade, also do leather interiors, so my fingers are calloused always! Sorry if I don't have George Costanza male model hands! :( LOL

:yeah: Jon

Nice! would love to see pics of it installed!

I'll leave that to the member. I only had him ship the bezel and crystal. I've got to build a reputation so, the less chances I take on my first jobs, probably the better. I mean I would hate to offer to mod a watch and recieve something broken in transit. :black_eye:

What tool do you use to remove the crystal and bezel with? On a fiddy, that is. Thanks

Bezel pops off with a sharp knife (very sharp is better)

Crystal can be popped out from the back. Or in this case picked out with a set of pliers and some good thick rubber gloves. This one was broken when I got it so I just had to pull out the remains.

Jon