When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone have ever thought bout...

Shadow_

Hi, i am new on rwg... sorry for my bad english...

...I have no knowledges on gold plating and i dunno if could be possible to make a white gold wrapped or plated replica as the 14-18k yellow gold ones were made. I asked to Josh but his reply was negative, then the question is:

Anyone have ever tought about a white gold rolex replica?

In my opinion a daytona replica white gold plated with the strange grey-iridescent dial (anyone knows the name of that dial?) could be really the ultimate rolex rep. A gen in a AD costs something like 35'500$ and i think it is the most valuable and beautiful rolex you can find in a AD.

So does anyone with some knowledges tell me if could be possible to plate in white gold a watch? And could rep factories produce a watch like that?

Words to experts.

Thanks a lot. Greets.

Almost all solid kt white gold jewelery including watches are plated with a platinum alloy - Rhodium is commoly used. Without doing this the white gold will appear its true color in a brown/grey hue rather than the lusterous white that it is desired. So, plating with white gold will not get you to where you want to be. Cheers

"White gold" is typically rhodium or palladium plated, not platinum. Platinum is more grey than the bright white you expect to see. As rhodium is more rare than platinum, it costs more. Palladium is closer in color to rhodium than platinum, and therefore is the "bargain" alternative.

Plating should take place while the movement is residing comfortably in a dust proof container somewhere else...

Of course, it still isn't "safe" if you consider that you can be called out for your White Gold or Platinum Rollie having an improper "SS/YG" Crown...

SS/YG Triplocks have 3 even sized dots...

WG Triplocks - small LARGE small

Plat Triplocks - Large small LARGE

SS/YG Twinlocks - SINGLE BAR

WG Twinlocks - TWO DOTS

Plat Twinlock - ONE DOT

SHHH... don't tell anyone... that be secret Rolex squirrel stuff...

Shadow...

No, send them only the case, bracelet, pushers/crown for plating... why spend extra money for a non-watchmaker to tear apart your watch, or send it off to yet someone else you don't know to do the same at a markup in cost?

Triplock/twinlock refers to the winding crown...

Twinlock will have _ or .. or . under the Rolex coronet _ for SS/YG .. for WG . for Platinum

Triplock will have ... or ... or ... under the coronet ... same order.