When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help needed from trusted US members...

ahchard

Hey, I am looking to buy a set of lowered H&R Springs for a 7 series BMW (E65). Can't find them anywhere here in NZ, they dont sell them (apart from AC Schnitzer brands which cost an arm and a leg!!!).

I found some on Ebay for about usd250 but the shipping to nz is a whopping usd200!!! I was hoping I could buy it from ebay and get it sent to a trusted member in the usa and then have it sent to me by parcel post or something. I am sure this would be a lot cheaper? no??

Any advice appreciated...

ahchard,

Some not so good news.

US Post no longer have a parcel post (read seafreight) option.

Everything through them comes out by air, trust me, I have been trying to buy a big number of large items of late.

Your only hope is that someone in the US would be prepared to take them to a seafreight consolidator, otherwise all your post options would be big$$. Pack'n Post do offer a sea option, but their charges are significant.

Another avenue is to check the post cost to Canada, and get someone to on freight from there.They still have a seafreight option available.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but that is what I have found recently.

If anyone US based has any other ideas, I am all ears, as I have been trying to buy items in filing cabinet sized lots, and the (air) freight just kills any deal.

Offshore

Well I can't picture the size of your parcel, but if you have an idea/weight, go to the USPS website, you can get a bloody good idea there!

There are 2 options, one considerably cheaper, so look at both, and ask your seller if he will use it, and charge that rate.

One thing I have noticed, is that ebay US must have an ability for the seller to put in some weights or dimensions, and come up with a "close" shipping rate. These are sometimes WAY off. I had an ebay price of $125 for one item, when I queried the seller, it became $38, plus $10 packing. A big differene. S'pose it depends on the seller.

Offshore