When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen. bracelets

tazzman

Hey all!

I am so glad I found this forum as I got f*cked so many times buying $200 replicas that turned out to be $50 asian crap when I got them!

So finally I can start building my collection!

Anyhow, to me it seems that the braclets are the "worst" part of good replicas, tell me if I am wrong but that is my opinon until now.

And as I read that many are replacing their rep. bracelets to gen. ones I just want to ask if someone can give me an aprx. price of example a gen. breitling-, omega-, TAG-SS-bracelet.

Dont need to be exact just a normal price range.

Thanks and take care all!

/ Mike

That's an interesting observation that I'm not sure I've ever really considered. One of the things I've recently discovered for myself, as far as trying to create a more genuine feel to my reps, is using a high-grade aftermarket strap in place of the bracelet/strap that comes with the watch.

The SFSO, which is regarded as one of the best reps ever, has a slightly suspect bracelet. I think your observation is probably true of a lot of the nicer Omega reps, as well. I think rep makers try to economize their efforts to place the most attention to detail on the parts that are most typically evaluated for fidelity. Under this assumption, it would be likely that they would probably not give the same attention to bracelets as they would to dial details, etc..

The prices of gen bracelets are generally very expensive. You're looking over 500 for almost any bracelet of any genuine watch that you see replicated on the forum. Not a winning financial proposition for rep collectors- your proposed strategy of going after genuine bracelets. That's where I think using really nice leather is a good option...

Good advice Mezzanine! I might add that if you do choose to go after genuine bracelets or straps. Occasionally, you can get a good deal on Ebay. I was able to pick up a great deal on a genuine Panerai alligator strap there. Remember to be vigilant of fakes and choose wisely when buying from the Bay.

Edited by jdavis

Anyhow, to me it seems that the braclets are the "worst" part of good replicas, tell me if I am wrong but that is my opinon until now.

I have found that a light rub with a cape cod cloth will improve the feel of the SS rep bands. This will remove some of the brushed finish, but will help to 'break them in'. You can re apply the brushed finish with a garryflex abrasive pad (or similar).

Both of these items are cheap and available on ebay.

Hope this helps.