When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Well, it's the end of October...

mezzanine

...and I haven't heard a lot of buzz about new watches being released. Wasn't the Graham Swordfish supposed to be coming out at the end of this month?

I can't say I really understand why there has been a lack of really intriguing reps being released. Honestly- since the Cousteau came out, what has been released that's really generated or warranted a lot of buzz?

It seems conspicuous to me....there's been a huge gap between the time when the wave of 'super reps' were released, and where we're at now- which is probably the biggest lull in the rep watch world that I can remember over my very brief history of rep collecting. I wondered a couple of months ago whether there was a reason behind it...maybe the super rep maker wanting to maximize his profits on the current production models before releasing something new that would bump those watches down on the 'demand' curve.

I guess it's a random process...that's what I've been told. But when you look at a watch like the aquatimer, how much time could it possibly take after you've got the production samples, etc...?

And the Porsche one!

hxxp://www.porsche-design.com/live/ACC_Indicator_P6910_en.PorscheDesign?ActiveID=42629&flash=0

If you are talking about the Porsche P6910, I have seen it in the album of puretime...No review or availability, but it seems to have a loooong way to go to enter 'super rep' status.. So many flaws it is not worth it..

hxxp://www.porsche-design.com/live/ACC_Indicator_P6910_en.PorscheDesign?ActiveID=42629&flash=0

If you are talking about the Porsche P6910, I have seen it in the album of puretime...No review or availability, but it seems to have a loooong way to go to enter 'super rep' status.. So many flaws it is not worth it..

Hey .... what's up Geo ;)

Long time no hear.

No, no, nothing to do with this horrible thing. It is the one that Josua is making from one of his original watches. He has for some time already the dials, and they have problems with the rubber band, like allways. It was said that it will come at the end of october.