When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen Fiddy Eyecandy

Jawo

Well after receiving my first Fiddy from Davidsen, I was very disappointed in the lack of quality control and finish of the product. I addressed my concerns to Davidsen and he showned genuine concern and shipped out a replacement which I received in just 5 days to Canada!!

Here are pics of the first watch:

Fiddy%20Back.jpg

Lume%20Fiddy.jpg

As you can see the movement and decoration is a mess. The "Officine Panerai Firenze" is supposed to be yellow in color. A detail that was overlooked. The bridges seem to have many fine scratches on it as well. In the second pic, the lume while decent, is far from a The Zigmeister Superluminova application. I addressed these issues, and I am much happier with the new replacement.

Here are pics of the replacement:

127-4.jpg

As you can see, the yellow paint is where it is supposed to be. There still seems to be some fine scratches on the bridges. They are hard to spot unless under close magnification and at a certain angle. I am not sure if this is an inherit trait by other vendor's watches as well.

Fiddy%20Front.jpg

127-3.jpg

The front looks quite spot on with a good crown and crown guard. AR is fantastic. Not too overpowering.

127-6.jpg

The lume on the replacement is considerably better and is definately a superluminova application.

All in all, I am very happy with the replacement. Davidsen while not perfect, still strives on keeping customers happy. His communication was great and as stated my other members, if you get a good Davidsen, you have got something very special.

127-1.jpg

127-2.jpg

Beautfiul. I am happy that it worked out for you. It looks wonderful and i am sure you will get a lot of comments in the future.

Thanks for reminding me of this thread, Fendi. But isn't this always the way of the world?

A person has a problem, posts it, and people flock to read and reply. But another thing arrives, in perfect condition, and no rubberneckers pipe up.

Well, Jawo, I gold-starred you, but I was remiss to say that looks like a MIGHTY fine replacement! Congrats! :)

Yes, the engraving on the bridges still looks scratched, smudged, something, but not visibly so either. And you must've lumed it with UV light, because look at the difference in hands and markers, on the lume shot!

Just like TeeJay says, it's always the case that it's light blue on the markers, and green on the hands. Wonder why.

Great pics! Must've taken you much time to do. :)