When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7750 - How Many Problems Are There Really?

Admin

my daytona with seconds at 6 runs just fine... the subdials don't reset perfectly... but you can't really tell... only problem I ever had with it was one day i noticed it would not wind automatically, but I found the problem to be the caseback pressing on the rotor (maybe rotor isn't screwed in enough?) so I fixed it by loosening the caseaback.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered Josh's Asian 7750 SMP chrono figuring the subdials in the original config give me the best shot at reliability although from what I've read here, it looks like reliability regardless of extra gearing is a crap shoot. The one good thing about the 7750 original 12,6,9 running seconds at 9 configuration is that if it ever quits, for the same price of an overhaul I can buy a $280 Swiss 7750 from www.ofrei.com and have Ziggy install it without mods.

Not just mine. In spite of everyone's fabulous sentiment. Mine, at a minimum, needs the second hand glued. Someone else's has a pusher problem. Asian 7750 is what it is. That is why I have been telling people to save their dollars for 7753 version. :)

seriously, at that price, you should have complained about that! if you pay close to 1000$ for a rep, everything better be perfect!

Slay-

You are absolutely right. In my case, I hate to ship watches back for fear of losing them unless it is a major problem. In my case the watch was going out for relume anyhow and Ziggy automatically glues the hands for me anyhow when he takes apart a 7750 chrono for any reason. And Ken would be happy to replace if he asked. He did so for someone else. And, in my limited experience, if the only problem with the older generation 7750 is the hands that is a win. Just ask Ziggy about the pile of them he has sitting in his house. :)

• 3 months later...

Hello. My name's Enrico. I was really impressed about your skillness. The reply on ASIA 7750 is great! So, I hope that can give me a kind suggestion. I received a Daytona asia 7750. It works only on the wrist. If you take it down on the table it will stop in 30 minutes. A good watchmaker here destuffed it all and made full maintenance with no result. Can you help me to understand where the problem is? If it is necessary to substitute something in the movement. If yes, with what? Here he can not find asia pieces. I paid the watch 200 euro. If it can not be repaired, where to find a new movement for cheap? To who send it for repair and FOR HOW MUCH MONEY?

Many many thanks my friend

WHO'W WHERE The Zigmeister?

Hello. My name's Enrico. I was really impressed about your skillness. The reply on ASIA 7750 is great! So, I hope that can give me a kind suggestion. I received a Daytona asia 7750. It works only on the wrist. If you take it down on the table it will stop in 30 minutes. A good watchmaker here destuffed it all and made full maintenance with no result. Can you help me to understand where the problem is? If it is necessary to substitute something in the movement. If yes, with what? Here he can not find asia pieces. I paid the watch 200 euro. If it can not be repaired, where to find a new movement for cheap? To who send it for repair and FOR HOW MUCH MONEY?

Many many thanks my friend

WHO'W WHERE The Zigmeister?